• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I expecting to much?

Jos

Im almost 4 weeks post op & can eat quite a variety of food already, this maybe due to how quickly I seemed to heal. I can eat potato, mince, porridge, beans, crackers, should I go back to puree? I have only lost 2 stone (28lbs) from the pre-op stage, So just over 5 weeks in total. I was expecting more & seem to be at a stand still with weight loss at the moment. Im to soon post op to do much exercise but am going for walks. Im not drinking enough water but can this have an impact on weight loss?

sorry i carnt help you on this one but i will be happy to see the replys from your thread, hopefully someone who is futher down the line will come along and explain. xxx

Im almost 4 weeks post op & can eat quite a variety of food already, this maybe due to how quickly I seemed to heal. I can eat potato, mince, porridge, beans, crackers, should I go back to puree? I have only lost 2 stone (28lbs) from the pre-op stage, So just over 5 weeks in total. I was expecting more & seem to be at a stand still with weight loss at the moment. Im to soon post op to do much exercise but am going for walks. Im not drinking enough water but can this have an impact on weight loss?

2 stone is very good in 5week hun well done.
I had to do 4 weeks puree then 4 weeks mashed before going on to 'normal' food. I can eat most foods but egg whites. We are all different so its hard to say. I am 13 weeks out and still find it hard to eat a hole bit of toast (without crust I cut that off). Others can eat a bit more if your really worried talk to your team x

2 stone in 5 weeks is amazing - the average seems to be about a stone a months so you're doing gr8!

I've seen people say lack of water slowed their weight loss down plus you've just lost 2 stone in a short space of time so it might just be your body adjusting?!? Not sure about the food as I'm pre-op. Best of luck X

I had my surgery on 18th feb, I see you had yours on the 21st how are you getting on with the food & weightloss?

I think everyone 'worries' about not doing well or eating right! I was lucky with surgery as I had no drains etc & feel like I haven't had it done at times. Im going to try & up the water as I feel this may be a contributor at the moment. Thanks for your help.

You have lost 2 stone in 5 weeks that is bloody amazing!! dont compare your weightloss to anybody elses as we are all different... we lose weight at different rates... some stall some dont... so do what you are doing... also you dont need to go back to the puree stage if you are on normal foods now x

i must say i dont know about the food as im pre-op BUT water massively makes a difference pre-op so i would presume its the same post-op too xx

Back