• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating too much?

i was told not to count calories as need to eat the full 100grms protein in after 8 weeks post op and so when you add the calories for these it's quite a lot but have to have them, i must admit at the moment have only about 30/40 grms a day mostly with milky drinks and porridge i need to drink more water too :)

On my avaerage day I have

breakfast 1 weetabix with 200mls 1% milk

Lunch I will have 1 small Cheese omelette you get 2 in a box for 50p from farm foods. Good protein.

Tea I will have an asda or heinz mini meal. Usually its a pasta with meat of some sort or I will have a Macintosh mince and tatties half a pack at 150g or the macintosh macaroni at 200g.

I will have some peanuts later in the night for extra protein and during the day I will drink glasses of milk and suger free ribena.

I am 7 weeks out and thought this was a bit much but dietician thinks it was fine lots of protein. What does everyone else think?

On my avaerage day I have

breakfast 1 weetabix with 200mls 1% milk

Lunch I will have 1 small Cheese omelette you get 2 in a box for 50p from farm foods. Good protein.

Tea I will have an asda or heinz mini meal. Usually its a pasta with meat of some sort or I will have a Macintosh mince and tatties half a pack at 150g or the macintosh macaroni at 200g.

I will have some peanuts later in the night for extra protein and during the day I will drink glasses of milk and suger free ribena.

I am 7 weeks out and thought this was a bit much but dietician thinks it was fine lots of protein. What does everyone else think?

i think you are doing well hun x

Thanks very much :)

I had a horrible time on boxing day it was my first taste of getting something stuck I had a small roll ate over 30 minutes. Went white as a sheet heart beating fast and then had to be sick never felt so bad in my life :( not eating a roll ever again anyway lol.

Bread isnt for you then Dave xx

Isn't it the worst feeling Dave? I did it for the first time a couple of days before xmas - the culprit was a Cadbury's Mini Roll!! I never wish to even see one again, as long as I live!! :mad:

im just too scared to try anything with sugar in it x

Its still early days for you Rayne - I only really started experimenting with a few things about 3 months after my op, hence my mistake just before xmas!! I tell you what though - I won't make that mistake again! :D

its strange though that some people can eat just about anything then other people cant x

Yeah it certainly isn't a pure science!! Every new thing you try is a bit like Russian Roulette!!

it is...ooh i brought some bisto cheese sauce today.. thought i might try it with some white fish and mash lol

It's 'edible' is all I'm saying!! :)

It's 'edible' is all I'm saying!! :)

haha...oh well i will try it one day for lunch then at least i have dinner to look forward to if it tastes rank

I am 9 months out 8am sachets of porridge with milk. Lunch 2 cripsbreads with soft cheese, 1 clementine small slice gammon . 6pm I clementine , half a small tin tuna (very small!) half small jacket potato 3 coffees and 2 large glasses of nas squash thoughout the day !

Crikey Hilary, I'm not even 4 months out and I think I eat way more than that!! Isn't it funny how different we all are! (One thing we all have in common is that rather a large chunk of us is now gone! :D )

ooh i have no idea if im eating enough or too much... but i do have my 3 meals a day and drinking over a litre of fluid thats nas squash and tea... and i have a milk hot choc in the evening. im still confused about the fluids though as some people say that the milk drink is not a fluid and some people say it is!

Some days I can eat more . Thursday I had 1 thin sausage, 2 rashers of bacon ( just the round part no fat) 1 egg yolk and a spoon of beans went down a treat ! Had the same again yesterday had to go to bed for 3 hours ! I never get 2 days the same ! Back to my porridge today x

ooh hope you can have that another day Hilary.. sounds nice

I have to say some of these posts are making me giggle. I'm trying to get as much information as possible before my own journey officially starts. But, I have to say that being from the US, I don't understand several things that some of you say. Hmmmmm. I guess I have some learning to do!

I have to say some of these posts are making me giggle. I'm trying to get as much information as possible before my own journey officially starts. But, I have to say that being from the US, I don't understand several things that some of you say. Hmmmmm. I guess I have some learning to do!

just ask for a translation - we can see what we can work out hehe

Back