• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And they say sleeves aint as good as a bypass.....

kelly1

Well I've just blew that out the water!!! Had my 6 month check up with my team and I've lost..... 82% of my excess weight!!!!! BAM!!!! Argh I'm soooo happy I swear the dietician could see my fillings my smile was that big lmao!!! Xx

Awww congratulations... that's great!!! Now I really can't wait. I have my first pre-surgery appointment on Monday! :)

I agree about the sleeve. Not lost as much as you, but have lost 78lb in 6 months. I notice you had your surgery the same day as me. Well done on your weight loss x

That's fantastic kelly1 !!!! I am having a sleeve on 25th November - feeling scared but excited!!!! Well done you!!!

I too was sleeved on May, 7!
I too had my 6-months check yesterday and my surgeon was so pleased.
I've lost 80 lbs and, like you, it's almost all my excess weight.
I wanted a bypass because I truly believe it was better but now I LOVE my sleeve!!!!!

@madcatwoman - I'm sure you'll catch up in no time. Sleeves are great tools but our bodies are all different and react in different ways. By the way, I've checked your stats and you've lost 78 lbs and that IS a great weight loss!

Thanks everyone!!' I'm so so SO chuffed!!!! I told the nurse I'd be borrowing her clothes when I see her next hahaha! Wonder if its aiming too high to say ill be 100% excess gone for my year app?..... Xx

Well done, I had my sleeve on Sunday so this is really inspirational, fingers crossed mine will work out well too x

Well done Im very happy for you!!!!

Thanks salliebeth and bally . Im stalling at the moment and would like to lose 4 or 5 stone more. But i am happy with weight loss. You are doing really well bally x

Hope all is going well lornipops- did u have much pain after your op???? (That's one thing that worries me)

I must be honest the pain I've had for the last couple of days has been a little overwhelming, but when offered pain relief I took it which really helped and moving about, although you don't want to has helped ease the trapped wind!

There were 3 ladies all in my bay who had the same operation in the same day and all had totally different post opp experiences, mine was dealing with the pain as I am hard to canulate, another lady struggled with nausea badly and the 3rd lady was fine, she was up and about and showered the next morning, only mild discomfort. So although these forums are great for support and advice, no two experiences are defiantly the same...prepare for all, then you will not be taken by surprise!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well really don't want to put anyone off as I have been in a lot of pain with mine , a little trapped wind but more from one of the port holes to the side.
What I would like to emphasise is that everyone is different. There were 3 of us in my hospital bay that all had the same surgery in the same day. I had severe difficulties with pain, which only morphine seemed to help, now 3 days on the pain is more bearable. The next lady had terrible trouble with nausea and the poor thing really felt rough, but they said this was due to her body reacting to the anesthetic. The 3rd lady appeared to be quite marvelous, she was up and about very quickly after the opp, felt well enough to shower the next morning and only had paracetamol to manage the pain in the first couple of hours.
So although we all prepare for the worse everyone's experience is so different and we shouldn't worry how others have been as our bodies seem to react and deal with all sorts of things in different ways.
Hope that helps but I didn't want you to think my pain was the 'norm'.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well really don't want to put anyone off as I have been in a lot of pain with mine , a little trapped wind but more from one of the port holes to the side.
What I would like to emphasise is that everyone is different. There were 3 of us in my hospital bay that all had the same surgery in the same day. I had severe difficulties with pain, which only morphine seemed to help, now 3 days on the pain is more bearable. The next lady had terrible trouble with nausea and the poor thing really felt rough, but they said this was due to her body reacting to the anesthetic. The 3rd lady appeared to be quite marvelous, she was up and about very quickly after the opp, felt well enough to shower the next morning and only had paracetamol to manage the pain in the first couple of hours.
So although we all prepare for the worse everyone's experience is so different and we shouldn't worry how others have been as our bodies seem to react and deal with all sorts of things in different ways.
Hope that helps but I didn't want you to think my pain was the 'norm'.

Well done.That is fab :) x

Back