• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anxiety & panic attacks post op

fee34

Hi there I'm 10days post op and I've spent the last 5 days back in hospital due to immense pain and dehydration. They did blood tests ct scans everything and couldn't find a cause but I'm still n quite a bit of pain.
The main thing is I feel so so low, I'm having panic attacks every night. Even in hospital I was having them I just feel terrible. The palpitations are awfully and I feel so dizzy and light headed. I hope this passes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

I wish there was some advice I could give but I don't know any. Bit I had to leave you a 'virtual hug' xxx

aww that is terrible is it a panic attack or your body having withdrawals from food. Gotta keep drinking and yes I know you can feel food going down, you will get used to it little and often plenty protein, n lots of water xx Hope you feeling much better soon xx

Big ((((hugs)))) fee and I agree with Chrisa here too. Concentrate on liquid and protein. Try having six smaller "meals" instead of three that's if your not already doing that. You probably won't be feeling hungry but the body needs fed. I couldn't go more than three hours tops before I felt yuck when I was on the liquid stage. It really only got better on the soft stage but even now I struggle to go 4 hrs ;)

Thanks femfrankie I'm taking ur advice and having more little and often. Feeling a bit better today. Went to docs this morning but she wasn't very helpful to be honest. Couldn't get to see my usual one til end of November. The build up shakes were OK at first but now they are making me gag! On the plus side I've managed a 5 min walk round the block. Felt good to get put. Hopefully things will start to improve now! X

Thanks femfrankie I'm taking ur advice and having more little and often. Feeling a bit better today. Went to docs this morning but she wasn't very helpful to be honest. Couldn't get to see my usual one til end of November. The build up shakes were OK at first but now they are making me gag! On the plus side I've managed a 5 min walk round the block. Felt good to get put. Hopefully things will start to improve now! X

Glad you are feeling a bit hun. I never did the shakes as it's frowned on by my team and was lucky in that my liquid diet was basically my preop milk, soup, custard, yoghurt etc etc with not a shake in sight. Nevertheless I was sick to the back teeth of soup after 6 weeks :rolleyes: that even I was starting to retch at the thought. It's two months further on now since then and I have only just managed to face it again.

Back