• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone from NI been to Dolan Park???

Auntie Bee

Hi all,

This is my first thread, but have been observing for a while! You people know your stuff!!!

Have my consultation with the Hospital Group in Belfast on Saturday 14th Feb, am nervous and excited!!

Any advice??

Anyone from NI travelled to Dolan Park for the op??

Is the flight home a nightmare???

Can you drink alcohol after the band, or is it gone forever???

That's all for now!!!

Last edited:
Hi bee welcome to mini's, glad you dropped out of luk mode and are joining in, them ore the merrier.

I am a bypasser in london so can't answer your question,s but someone will be along shortly who can

Aww thanks a million for the reply! Am so excited and nervous, but am so glad I've made this decision!!! Am 29 turn 30 in June, and dont want to be fat anymore!

Hi, and welcome to minis. I went to Dolan Park at end of Oct for my band but I`m not from NI. Which Dr r u having?? I had Dr Super which I found to be really good. Just had 2nd fill and have now got a better restriction so weights started shifting again. Don`t know how much u know about the band but I know through experience how disheartening it is to not start losing straight away. If this happens to u alls I can say is don`t worry cos when u start having your fills ( mb not your first )it`ll start shifting lol. How much do u want to lose?? I`ll stop babbling now lol, Good luck with your consultation I`m sure everything will be fine!! xxx

Sorry forgot to add, I`ve only really been out drinking once since the band ( sad cow eh!!! ) I drank white wine & soda for a bit, few cocktails then swapped to reef cos u got to b careful with fizzy drinks. I`ve had a few baileys too!!

Hi and welcome out of lurkerdom :)

There was someone a while back who flew over to Dolan Park from NI, but for the life of me I can't remember who it was! Sorry!

Hi Lancs Lass,

Thanks for the reply, cant remember who my doc is think it may be Dr Super! Congrats on your weight loss, nearly 2 stone thats fantastic! I can't wait to be a loser!!!!

Typical Irish girl alcohol was my first question to come to mind, I only drink about once a month, but I'd hate it if I could never do it again! I drink wine, so not fizzy hopefully that wont be too bad!!!

Hi Shelbell,

Thanks for the reply, I'll keep hunting through the site!

So...question to EVERYONE - any regrets????

Whoever it was got on fine, I remember that much. Just considerations like you would need to be very careful with lifting bags etc. Dolan Park themselves might be able to put you in touch with people who have flown over?

Good idea shelbell!! I'll ask when i'm at my consultation! I'm not planning on carrying any bags, think my mum and dad are going to come with me, mum to look after me and dad to look after mum (she's not been well)!!!

Hi bee, if you go back through the threads to about october time, cheryl is from NI and she had her band fitted at dolan park. She did post on here a couple of weeks ago but she doesnt post often on here now. I also had my band fitted at dolan park and have had no problems at all and have lost two stone in three months. julie

Cheryl! That was who it was :D knew there was someone!

Back