• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone got a personal trainer?

vickylou

Hi was wondering if anyone has a personal trainer, if so any good?

Where do u find them in ur area apart from the gym?

Can you take ur own to the gym or do u have to use theirs?

Are they expensive?

Do u have to do a minimum time with them, like six block weeks if you know what I mean?

Is it a good idea?

How soon after the op is a good idea to start with one?

I already have a gym membership (not used very often YET) gonna get my ass there tuesday, but to be honest with u I have no idea what I am doing.
Yes I know how to work the machines ect but want to know what is a good plan for me and get me the full benefits rather than just going through the motions and I really think I need to be pushed by someone, but feel embarrassed asking and working out in front of all my skinny friends.
I do enjoy the gym when I am in the right mind, so I need to start as I mean to go on, got just over 3 weeks till my op so why not start now.
Plus still a none smoker for 3 weeks 2days now :D:D:D:D:D

Ruthie has one. I'm sure you could pm her if she doesn't see this post soon
xx

Yes I have one. I actually got her from my gym where she was a favourite there for various classes including aquafit, spin, and dance classes. Everyone loved her, so when the gym tightened its belt and she was out of a permanent (as opposed to freelance) job there, I nabbed her, and gave up my gym membership. I imagine asking around for names of trainers and recommendations would find you a good trainer.

I don't think the gym would mind if you brought your own trainer, as long as you're paying membership you can do what you like! I just didn't want to pay twice, her fee as well as membership.

I restarted working out with her 2 weeks post op, but in stages.

Gail is lovely; very well trained and knowledgeable. Beware of trainers like my previous one; her real name was Cruella can you believe. She was dangerous because she always thought she knew more than the doctors and boasted of it. She caused my arthritic knees immense damage by making me jump on a big garden trampoline until the cartilege was shot, and then when I had surgery on them, she got me back on the trampoline after 3 weeks, and undid all the good of the surgery.

A good trainer should be very aware of any medical issues you have, be willing to listen, or even check with your doctors as to what is and what isn't safe to do..and if you say "ow that hurts my back" when doing an exercise, she should stop you doing it at once.

There is no minimum time I have to book her; she has other clients now (I was her first private client), so I have her 3 times a week. When my arthritis was very bad, pre and early post op, we only worked out for 30 mns at a time, now we are working our way back up to an hour, we're doing 45 mns. I have a treadmill at home, but besides using that we use equipment she brings with her like weights, and balls and the hula hoop! She's a friend too, and we really enjoy talking while we work out.

She charges me £30 for 45 mns, and £35 for an hour's session; this is a little less than she charges her other clients as I started her in business.

I have a personal trainer. I pay £350 for 11 sessions of an hour each. She is brilliant. I found her through my gym but she no longer works there. I work out with her in the park or at another gym she has a relationship with. Since she knows the gym I also work out at she writes up plans for the days I work out on my own.

I think my trainer is hugely responsible for helping me be so fit, reaching goal and how little loose skin I have. She helps me a lot with my diet as well.

Back