• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone taking BIOTIN supplements??

Butterfly38

Hi all, was just wondering if anyone was taking these supplements ? A lady on here recommended them for hair loss and dry skin so I bought them. I don't know if it's all in my mind but I feel like they are giving me a little more much much needed energy!!! Anyone else had this????

I take Perfectil hair, skin and nails. It has biotin in the ingredients. I've only been taking it for 2 weeks, I'm still losing hair but not as much as I was. I can't say they've given me any more energy though :)

Hi Paula yes I used to take perfectil years ago and thought they were really good. Maybe it's just a coincidence then!! I'm not complaining tho haha

Yeah,just started tho,about 2weeks ago,can't say if they work or not yet,hopefully my skin will improve still getting slight hair loss.blood tests show my zinc is a little low so just started taking supplements for that too.Haven't noticed an increase in energy levels as yet,that would be a bonus if that's the case.

Hi all, was just wondering if anyone was taking these supplements ? A lady on here recommended them for hair loss and dry skin so I bought them. I don't know if it's all in my mind but I feel like they are giving me a little more much much needed energy!!! Anyone else had this????

When was your surgery Butterfly and when did you start taking Biotin? Good to hear about more energy as a side effect :)

Haven't had it yet lol just someone on here told me to start taking them for hair loss but I feel a little more energetic since starting them.

I don't start it For a few days. My surgeon only asked me to do 7-10 days which surprised me as everyone I've spoken to does at least 2 weeks. Have u had yours what did u have?

I'm having a sleeve - hopefully sometime in April. I have to do two weeks pre-op of low calorie, low carb. I'm trying to get various bits and bobs in pre-surgery. Can't wait for my surgery :)

Did you start with the high dosage(10,000mcg) or the 5,000? have you noticed any acne spots if you are taking the higher dose? I only managed to find the high dose but haven't started to take it because of the spots Bex said people can get when starting on a high dose.

Waitrose do their own version of Perfectil - they are:

Women's Well Being, Hair, Skin & Nails

They are in the vitamin section, contain biotin amongst other things and best of all - they only cost £3!

Waitrose do their own version of Perfectil - they are:

Women's Well Being, Hair, Skin & Nails

They are in the vitamin section, contain biotin amongst other things and best of all - they only cost £3!
Asda do there own too cheap as chips

I have taken a weeks worth if the 10,000 biotin and have two zits from hell so may reduce to the 5000 ones I have. Hair is still falling out but not as much and defo looks better xxx

Hi carebear, no Ive started with the lowest dose, 1000mg for that reason, was told to gradually increase them. I got them from amazon £7.49 for 100 so not bad.

I did get 2 or 3 tiny spots in my neck but that's all, deffo have a bit more of a spring in my step since taking them, maybe coincidental but I do feel better.

Was told by my dietician today that I had no need to take biotin supplements as it was included in my multivitamins???? Now I don't know wether to carry on with them or not????

Back