• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

apologies to anyone who has read any of my threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Bluediamond,

It is widely considered on the internet that typing in all capital letters is considered shouting. Here is one link to many sites that can be found by typing in "net etiquette capital letters" into a search engine.

Net Etiquette.

Many people hate it, and almost every site would infract/ban for excessive capital letters in a post. Nobody reported the post, it was a simple PM to let you know that other people may take offence to it. I personally find it very annoying to read full capital letters and typically ignore emails written to me in such a fashion.

I should also point out that creating threads such as these are not welcome on MiniMins. If you have an issue with the rules, instead of a "Thank You" in response to the PM which was sent to you should have made your feelings known at that time.

There is nothing to be gained by starting a thread in order to gain sympathy and attention for yourself.

Pierce

hi pierce, thankyou for your input xxx ive turned me caps off soz, i was shouting as well sorry xxx

Pierce...

I was not starting this thread to gain "sympathy" and "attention" to myself, I find that in insult tbh,..........I was merely apoligising to ppl if they thought I was being rude, how I am to know wot other ppl are thinking/feeling, I didnt want them to think I had been rude for the last year nearly.....and I never suggested that this caps usage was reported, please do not suggest this ! .................and ppl responded to this thread , so are you stating I should ignore their views?????

I know this might not be popular, but we are supposed to be able to put our views forward here so please don't take offence anyone. I find it quite hard to read messages which are all in caps, just like ones which are all in lower case or have no punctuation. We're not allowed to use all upper case in our emails at work, it's a big no, no, because of the perception that you could be shouting.

It probably is nothing personal BD, simply someone who is an admin who may have seen a post you've made, and thought they'd just ask you not to do it. Don't be too offended by it :)

chivasgirl

the only thing I take to offence is someone implying I seeking attention and after sympathy.....last month I was racists...(so I am told) when someone attacks your integrity its a bit hard for it not to feel personal..............

ty for your input xx

Apologies, I didn't see Pierce's post - that's the trouble when you start posting something ages ago and start watching telly!!!!

BD - in general you can increase the size of what you are viewing by clicking View on the menu bar, then text size and then select as you want. On this site it doesn't seem to work well though. There is another way - hold down the CTRL button and use your scroll wheel on your mouse if you have one (or the very far right of your trackpad if it's set up) - it will either go smaller or larger depending on which way you scroll. Give it a try.

chivasgirl

I did try this and to no avail. but ty for trying

Apologies, I didn't see Pierce's post - that's the trouble when you start posting something ages ago and start watching telly!!!!

BD - in general you can increase the size of what you are viewing by clicking View on the menu bar, then text size and then select as you want. On this site it doesn't seem to work well though. There is another way - hold down the CTRL button and use your scroll wheel on your mouse if you have one (or the very far right of your trackpad if it's set up) - it will either go smaller or larger depending on which way you scroll. Give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back