• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back on track after x-mas!

wombat

Hi everybody!

Well, I was indeed quite naughty over Christmas. I haven't lost anything for 3 weeks and can't stop snacking!

So, TODAY I am getting back on track!
Having just liquids today and starting with tomorrow will have a week of just protein to get rid of my carb addiction!!!

I have another 20lbs to loose (then I am going to be at my normal BMI). And it is HARD!

So, I was wondering if anybody want to join me?
I mean, getting back on track after x-mas!

We could write our reports here :)

Well, I don't know how but I managed to be just on liquids yesterday and today can feel that my pouch is smaller, if this is the word.

Had just protein and greens today (well, and a couple of skinny lattes).

Feeling good :)

think i need to do this lol

Nightwitch - feel free to join me :) It is WAY easier if there is someone doing the same thing and you know you sort of can't let that other person down :hug:

Yes I might be joining you too.

Well done for getting back on track.

I have been nibbling over christmas and its hard to get out of, i worry about streching my pouch, i dont dump on sweet things, i wanted to as that is my problem, i had my op in Nov and dont go back to see doc till May its a long time. I will keep my eye on this thread, but i am not on line every day, i hope i can keep up with you girls, i havent done any exercises yet cleared all my tapes and cds out, will have to go to charity shop and buy back my own exercise cds

Girls, looks like in all our cases biggest problem is carb addiction, which developed over Christmas.

So, for all of us 1st thing to do is to dump all the carbs for the few days.

If this is too difficult to switch onto Low Gi carbs (brown rice, oats etc.)

For me it is day 3. And it is hard! Especially with having 3 boys in my family who eat what they want.
I tried to have just protein and greens, but it was way too hard for me. So now I added few oat biscuits (sugar free, gluten free) to keep me going.
Sweet addiction I am fighting with sugarfree jelly and teas with Splenda.

My day usually is:

Morning - Small skinny latte (I don't have breakfast, I know, wrong, but works for me).
Early lunch (around 11) - 2 eggs, mostly scrambled.
Late lunch (around 2) - tuna salad (tuna, low fat mayo, onions) or chicken breast (roasted).
Snack (around 4) - today it was 4 thin oat biscuits with vegan pate on top (made with beans and soya).
Dinner (around 6) - fresh berries with milk and splenda.
Late evening snack - oat biscuits with sugarfree jam.
Througthout the day: tea, jelly, skimmed milk.

Breakfast @ 9am - glass of milk
Lunch @ 12.45 - small bowl of home made bolognaise

plan for the rest of the day:
Afternoon snack @ 4pm - x2 ryvita crispbreads with light Philly
Dinner @ 7pm - small ham/cheese omelette
Evening Snack @ 9.30 - slices of edam and sausage to nibble
bedtime snack - glass of milk

all through day i try to drink NAS squash and water (the one thing i fail on is getting enough fluids during the day)

this is a normal kinda day for me

Nightwitch - looks to me what you are eating is fine :)

Are you having semi-skimmed or skimmed milk? I always have skimmed. Saves 80ckal on one glass.

Well, I am pretty pleased with myself. I have managed to loose 4lbs since I started this thread.

It is easy to slip up, but if you try you can get back on track :)

Glad you're back on track Wombat. I too need to get myself in hand. I have been increasing my activity and proteins. Ladylite, Nightwitch, Russ67, Smilergem and Wendy 1, hope things work out well for you guys also.

I think I will join you. I haven't put any weight on (probably thanks to exercising) but I have noticed my snacking is getting worse and I'm able to eat more now. I'm also eating more carbs so time to get back on track

Nightwitch - looks to me what you are eating is fine :)

Are you having semi-skimmed or skimmed milk? I always have skimmed. Saves 80ckal on one glass.

i always have semi skimmed....can't stand the taste of skimmed

Back