• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Balloon or no balloon??

mum2livnjim

Well where do i start being 5ft 9inch i was always 168lb give or take. After having 2 children i gained 6 stone :cry:and i have never seen those figures since! My oldest is now 5 and im as big as after i had her.

About 12 months ago i got down to 208lb and decided i would have a tummy tuck and lipo to my hips. I went through H*spital g*oup and in my eyes now i shoulld have never been aloud the op as i was still v over weight! Since then i have gained another stone, im not happy with anything about my body and feel i wasted 7k and still not happy:cry:

Anyway, im considering having the Spatz Gastric Balloon, i would ideally like to loose4 stone but would settle for 3 :) Before i had kids my weight never fluptuated so i honestly think once i get back there i will be fine.

I would really like to hear from people of have had the balloon aswell for advice and let me know how they are doing and do they recomend it?

Thanks for listening

C xx

Hi C

I had the Spatz balloon 4 months ago and have lost 3 stone so far, my weightloss has slowed down at present to around 1lb a week but that's ok as it's going in the right direction and I'm not depriving myself of anything, which is how I felt with other diets etc
If you search Spatz balloon on this site there are some of us that have had it done or about to have it done and have written accounts of our progress.
There are lots of people on here who will provide lots of support, Good luck in what you choose to do x

Hi C
I had the 6month balloon fitted on 3rd Oct, and so far I've lost 15lbs. I was one of the very lucky ones who didn't vomit at all - although I did have quite a bit of pain initially. Almost all of the discomfort has gone now, and it really isn't bad at all. With the balloon in place I don't feel terribly hungry, certainly not the way I would have had before, and I am definitely satisfied with much smaller portions.
So far so good for me, and I am so glad I took the plunge! :D

Best of luck.
Lin
X

hi all im going in to get balloon fitted on 1st of december could you help me by letting me know your experience about how it all went for you and how long you was in hospital thanks

Hi,
well i had it done on wednesday, have perked up abit this afternoon. Its hasn't been as bad as i thought but not great either. I haven't eaten since tuesday morning, i have lost 9ls already :) where r u having it done? xx

hi mum2livnjim im having it done at sunderland royal hosp x

mum2livnjim how long was you in hospital when got balloon fitted and is it right ya got to take Lansoprazole for a week b4 hand xx

Hey,

I was only in for about 2 hours. Im not gonna lie i didn't like the procedure at all, it felt like i kept choking! But it doesn't last v long. As for the skiness, i have felt nasuos and was sick alot for the first 24 hours but now i just have tummy ache. It not very pleasent but its only for a couple of days and it will be worth it in the long run. I weighed on tues(day b 4 op) then this morning and i have lost 11lb. I have four and a half stone to loose(well now 3stone 10lb) :) good luck, any questions feel free to ask! Oh and i had mine dont in manchester with the national obesity clinic x

was it on the nhs you got yours done mum2livnjim xx

Back