• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Beetroot

Jen1961

Is on her way!
Can anyone confirm that beetroot is a good or ok salad ingredient whilst on the pre op diet please? My sheet just says salad plus protein at lunch time.

I love beetroot but I'm thinking it's probably not ok with it being so tasty sigh!!

I was like you but thought with it being a root veg was not allowed, but have to admit i did have two small ones one day x

I was like you but thought with it being a root veg was not allowed, but have to admit i did have two small ones one day x

Oh right.. so are we not supposed to have root vegetables? I had carrots along with my other vegetables for yesterday's tea. My diet sheet just says a small amount of meat/fish/2 eggs/quorn/tufu along with salad (at lunchtime) and vegetables (at dinner time) plus one small potato or two tables spoons of rice or pasta.

I should perhaps ring my dietician and get confirmation.

Something is happening though as I am constantly off to the loo lol!!

mine stated unlimited non starchy veg hun - maybe give them a quick ring as some are high in carbs, depends which diet it is x

Mine said any veg as long as it grew above the ground and not under. He was quite stricy about it as well, i asked can i have carrots and he said. Margaret do they not grow under the ground or did you not understand lol

Most veg that grows underground are quite carb (therefore sugar) dense so won't get rid of the glycogen to allow your liver to shrink so check if you are on a low carb diet. My dietician was strict about my carbs on the pre-op

Mine said any veg as long as it grew above the ground and not under. He was quite stricy about it as well, i asked can i have carrots and he said. Margaret do they not grow under the ground or did you not understand lol

Sarcy git :eek: hope you gave him what for, Margaret, lol xxx :):)

Back