• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bit fed up today!

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
This morning I went to the nurse to have my staples taken out which was SUCH a relief :) and she was happy with everything else, bloods etc, but when she weighed me I was gutted that it was the same as the night before my op :eek::eek::eek:. She wasn't concerned & didn't offer any advice but I am devastated :cry: I lost 26lbs pre op but nothing since ... does anyone have any insight into what I may be doing wrong. Obviously a week out I have done no exercise but then again I cannot imagine anyone does. I try to drink as much as possible but know I may not be having enough food or drink. I thought I would sound you peeps out before ringing my team as I know in my heart that it is too soon to panic but even so ... xxx :wave_cry:

Don't panic! It's very common not to lose any weight or even gain it in the week following surgery. It's because they've pumped you full of fluid and air and everything is still very swollen. It will soon start dropping off don't worry. :)

Hi I wouldn't worry it may be just taking your body a little longer to recover from surgery.

I'm sure in a few days you'll step on those scales and have lost loads.

Chin up xx

oh dear twinkle i an sure everything will start working and you will loose weight very soon i have not had my opp yet so carnt advice you about that side. but i do wish you all the best.

and i do know as i said things will start moving and your weight will drop off, dont forget you have been though a big operation. you have just had your staples out little by little in these early days you will be ok honestly. x x

Please dont worry, although I'm pre-op I read so many stories on here saying the same, it must be something to do with the surgery
Good luck on your journey
Kim x

i put on weight at the hospital too i came out heavier than i went in :D:D:D now i'm back down to my 1989 weight now ;)

Aaww Twinkle. It's not like you to get down. If this was a post you were reading about someone else, you'd be there telling them not to worry as it's early days and a common thong. Your body is probably in stavation mode and thinks it needs to hang on to what you've stored over the years in case nothing else comes. Everything will click into place very soon and the weight will slip away. Chin up hunni. Sending big hugs your way....

(((((twink))))) awww honey, bless ya :) you'll be ok, and i know that deep down you know that. Cant blame you for feeling fed up though, you've been through a lot, probably got the post op blues and to top that off you've lost no weight. You will though my little cherry drop, you will, chin up sweetness :) xxx :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Just wanted to add my hugs and kisses and agree with everyone else......You wait in a few days time you'll be jumping for joy as the scales start dropping ...and dropping.....and dropping.....:):)

This morning I went to the nurse to have my staples taken out which was SUCH a relief :) and she was happy with everything else, bloods etc, but when she weighed me I was gutted that it was the same as the night before my op :eek::eek::eek:. She wasn't concerned & didn't offer any advice but I am devastated :cry: I lost 26lbs pre op but nothing since ... does anyone have any insight into what I may be doing wrong. Obviously a week out I have done no exercise but then again I cannot imagine anyone does. I try to drink as much as possible but know I may not be having enough food or drink. I thought I would sound you peeps out before ringing my team as I know in my heart that it is too soon to panic but even so ... xxx :wave_cry:

Know how you feel honey - it's absolutely devatstating isn't it. Lets not get downhearted about it, as my darling hubby said this morning - think about where we will be six months from now and even this time next year. Keep your pecker up.

PS I haven't lost anything else this week even after the BIG P!!:D

The only explination I have had is that our bodies are taking in a lot less than they did before and they may have gone in to "shut down mode" to use what energies we have but things will change, just got to give it time. xx Sending you big hugs. xx;)

Dont panic honey you will loose weight, those demon scales - hard to keep off them though is i've bee on mine every day lol. Hope your feeling abit happier and sending you cuddles xx

We all should have a weighing scale amnesty as they really don't do us any favours looking at us each time we go in the bathroom. Don't be down hun...stick to the diet, and all will come good! have you managed to start a little bit of walking out yet? That may help to get you back to normal xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You'll get there Hun, just keeping walking the road and you'll find yourself getting there.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I agree with chucking out the scales! Mine are doing my head in, been yoyoing up and down through 3-4 pounds the past week or so, which is so annoying.

However, I'm going back to the mindset I used to have - I don't care what the scales say, but how I feel. This past weekend, I went into Oasis for the first time in my life and tried on a top in there that FITTED! I also feel happier and healthier than I have in years!

That means so much more to me than silly numbers on a dial *nods* :) ((hugs))

Aaww Twinkle. It's not like you to get down. If this was a post you were reading about someone else, you'd be there telling them not to worry as it's early days and a common thong. Your body is probably in stavation mode and thinks it needs to hang on to what you've stored over the years in case nothing else comes. Everything will click into place very soon and the weight will slip away. Chin up hunni. Sending big hugs your way....

here here xxxxxxx

Aww, *Hugs*
As many people have said there could be lots of reasons for this, and so I'm asking you, for the sake of your own sanity, don't dwell on this. Just stick to doing all that we're supposed to and you'll have exciting losses to report soon enough D xxxx

Ah bless you hun i feel for you , i am sure you will have a big lost next week take care and chin up

don't forget to allow a few pounds for the weight of your clothes ;) i weighed 118kg in my skiddies last week when i weighed myself at home but i weighed 118kg at the hospital fully clothed this afternoon so i reckon i'm down to 116kg now

Back