• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bloods-low iron on pre op

tracyt84

hiya guys,only me again with another question..i had my preop last week and they took bloods etc i have my op this saturday,im pretty sure my iron is a little bit low coz it always is when i have bloods done etc,i keep exspecting to get a call sayin my op has been cancelled because of this,but they havent..yet!! surely they wont cancel the op coz of iron being a little low,ive been really good taking my multivitamins this week which include iron,im confused and fearing the worst CANCELLED OP!!!!

Im sure it will go ahead, i have nebver read on here of an op being cancelled due to iron being a bit low. It will be fine.

Kim

How low are you talking hun? Above 11 you will be fine. Some are happy if its above 10.

My first two where canceled because of my iron but I was very low and I had to have 10 days of iron injections to get me up to 10. thankfully it worked and I got my op only a month after my first date but do have very lovely staining on my bum still.

Unless your iron is very low you will be fine. Good luck with your op x

I had my bloods done 2 weeks ago with my doc and have been told that my iron stores are very low and they want to investigate once my op is over as this has been consistent over a number of years.

I had my pre op last Friday and my op is due to take place on Friday. They took my bloods again on Friday and up til now they haven't contacted me to say anything. I also had blood and protein in my urine, still nothing from the hospital. So I am sure you will be fine!

its only slightly low but ive been taking multivits this week just incase,it must be still going ahead coz my op is saturday and ive had no phone call yet,thanks girls xx

Back