• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Blues Banding....

Oh wow....

I bought a dress from ebay...in a size 16 -thinking, hmmm It will be a prize to slim down for...and I just tried it on, and it fits perfectly!....

Im in shock!

Even better I bet in 6-8wk it's baggy on you :)

What a great feeling that must of been to put that dress on!! I cant wait for that feeling.... eeeeeek EXITED!!! lol :D

Im feeling really good with my weight loss...

As I said in another post, Im down to a UK size 18...but I can fit into some size 16's....:)

I've been reluctant to having any pictures of me since I got banded...Not sure why, perhaps its because my body is changing and Im still getting used to it.

Last time I was in the 16 stone area was in my late teens, and i'm almost 35yrs old now...so big differences for me.

So anyway, I had my picture taken by my partner the other night on the bus, as we were off to a rock pub....He likes my hair in bunches lol, He says its cos it makes me look like a naughty girl pmsl...

So im sharing the picture now...

165965_10151090988696189_1725494518_n.jpg

And to show how I was maybe a year or so ago...heres a fat pic of me...

14334_245960036188_5132706_n.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh you're looking fab! Well done you
Em xxxx

Ok, So ive been searching for a FAT picture of me....So that I can have something to compare myself too...

And I think this is the worst picture of me!

karleenfat-1.jpg

Looking beautiful blue :)

I am having banding blues too :( 2 weeks post op and put ON one pound!!!! And this week coming I am on Mushies so I assume I will be eating more calories and if not even reaching 800 cals a day on liquids made me put on a pound I dread what actually eating this week is going to do to me. If I put on weight again I think I will begin to regret having this surgery, and I do not want to feel like that. Did anyone else post op put on weight, and how did you deal with it? I have done everything they said to do so now what?

Bella I didn't put on weight but I haven't lost any this week.I too am on sloppies.

I am having banding blues too :( 2 weeks post op and put ON one pound!!!! And this week coming I am on Mushies so I assume I will be eating more calories and if not even reaching 800 cals a day on liquids made me put on a pound I dread what actually eating this week is going to do to me. If I put on weight again I think I will begin to regret having this surgery, and I do not want to feel like that. Did anyone else post op put on weight, and how did you deal with it? I have done everything they said to do so now what?

Wooooooooooooooooooo....Calm down Bella x

Firstly, 1lb here 2lbs there will be put on...its not that the band isnt working, but your body will be changing, food intake is changing etc etc..

Ive had 2 different weeks where ive gained a pound here or there....its part of the journey, so stop worrying.

My band is the best thing thats ever happened to me. Im currently on 48lbs lost since April 17th this year. I would not have been able to do that on any diet that ive tried in the past. And My lack of excersizing due to my illnesses means I wouldnt have even been able to work it off!

I was down a bit when I gained a pound here or there, but I just scrutinized my food diary to see where and what was going wrong.

Not sure if you use 'Myfitnesspal' but for me, its the only way I can do this!...

I make sure im under the allotted amount of calories and Its almost like a game to me, knowing I have to sit and put my food in and excersize if ive done any...to see how much more im allowed in a day, so I know I can have a treat or something.

Perhaps you should look at what your eating, see if theres alternatives etc.

Here's a picture of me at my mothers on Sunday, when I went to visit her. She had not seen me since Mother's day, which is before my surgery. Only weight loss she had seen is via pictures on FB.

Ive lost another pound this week - I know its only 1 pound, but its all coming off, not going back on! :).....only 2 more pounds to 50lbs weight loss in total!

This dress in this picture is a size 16!!!!!! - I bought it off Ebay for £8, hoping that in a few months it would fit me, but I still tried it on when it came and was astonished that it fit!....So I think im between a 16-18 UK dress size now :)...before my surgery I was a size 22-24 UK dress size!.....:happy036:

217894_10151109308306189_978999213_n.jpg

Wooooooooooooooooooo....Calm down Bella x

Firstly, 1lb here 2lbs there will be put on...its not that the band isnt working, but your body will be changing, food intake is changing etc etc..

Ive had 2 different weeks where ive gained a pound here or there....its part of the journey, so stop worrying.

My band is the best thing thats ever happened to me. Im currently on 48lbs lost since April 17th this year. I would not have been able to do that on any diet that ive tried in the past. And My lack of excersizing due to my illnesses means I wouldnt have even been able to work it off!

I was down a bit when I gained a pound here or there, but I just scrutinized my food diary to see where and what was going wrong.

Not sure if you use 'Myfitnesspal' but for me, its the only way I can do this!...

I make sure im under the allotted amount of calories and Its almost like a game to me, knowing I have to sit and put my food in and excersize if ive done any...to see how much more im allowed in a day, so I know I can have a treat or something.

Perhaps you should look at what your eating, see if theres alternatives etc.

Hi Bluebutterflier, Don't get me wrong I expected some weeks I would simply stay the same or put on a pound or two, but I did not expect it 2 weeks post op on a liquid diet, who would? I understand my body is changing but I was as good as gold and done everything by the book so that is the cause of my frustration. If I had cheated or over ate then I would know the reason for the gain, but not knowing and expecting the first weeks after surgery to loose the most it is only natural I feel to be a little disappointed. I am on mushies now and only have weetabix for breakfast, tuna small salad and one cracker for lunch, mashed potatoe and turnip for dinner, perhaps a yogurt or banana as a snack so I do not know how to refine or scrutinize my diet any more than I am doing already.
Your results are great and in such a short time kudos to you, I can only hope 3 months out I have such a great result.
I am not expecting perfection or big weight losses every week but second week out I have to admit I was expecting at least a 2~3 lb loss. Call me crazy :)

Bella'sBand said:
Hi Bluebutterflier, Don't get me wrong I expected some weeks I would simply stay the same or put on a pound or two, but I did not expect it 2 weeks post op on a liquid diet, who would? I understand my body is changing but I was as good as gold and done everything by the book so that is the cause of my frustration. If I had cheated or over ate then I would know the reason for the gain, but not knowing and expecting the first weeks after surgery to loose the most it is only natural I feel to be a little disappointed. I am on mushies now and only have weetabix for breakfast, tuna small salad and one cracker for lunch, mashed potatoe and turnip for dinner, perhaps a yogurt or banana as a snack so I do not know how to refine or scrutinize my diet any more than I am doing already.
Your results are great and in such a short time kudos to you, I can only hope 3 months out I have such a great result.
I am not expecting perfection or big weight losses every week but second week out I have to admit I was expecting at least a 2~3 lb loss. Call me crazy :)

Hold your nerve Hun....if you're playing by the rules, your time will come, giving in/regrets will only lead to sabotage x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hold your nerve Hun....if you're playing by the rules, your time will come, giving in/regrets will only lead to sabotage x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Thanks Jo, that is what my husband keeps telling me too :) He says my body is just adjusting and that something has to give eventually if I am doing all the right things. I am definitely never giving in and regrets well I don't think I have had enough time yet to regret anything. I do have to give it a fair crack, ask me again in a years time lol :p and we will see. I am always a cup half full person but I cannot honestly say last week did not knock my confidence as I was not expecting a gain 2 weeks post op, but I know myself and I will not be cheating. I have put to much time, effort and money to mess around. That is why I had the surgery I just want this fight, this weight fight to be over already! I not only want it for me but my parents, my husband, my kids, my family. They all want it for me not for them but as with all families I am sure they just want what is best for me. So I have a lot of support and I will not be letting them down by eating tubs of icecream and sucking on chocolate, NOPE! Not happening. I feel no restriction at all (dont really expect to with an empty 14ml band) but I am sticking to a healthy low cal and fat diet, so what more can I do? My stitches are still playing up, red, soar and crusty but by the weekend I am hoping to step up the excercise. :)

WOW....This weekend...for the first time properly since I had my surgery.....I threw up proper sick!

Sorry for the topic, but its a big deal for me. As if ive over eaten or eaten something that gets stuck, I usually am in pain, which is like bad indigestion/heartburn all at once, and If I hang about in the bathroom hoping to be sick, just to get the damn thing out as it hurts so bad....I usually just throw up saliva/water/clear stuff....and then I wait another 10 minutes and it goes through my band.

BUT BUT BUT....On Saturday evening, I done something silly....

Got a bit drunk at a friends birthday party...was on the bus coming home, and had been into the 24/7 store before boarding the bus...to get something to snack on.

Stupid me - got a chicken samosa - thinking, well its not bread, it must be more filling and better than crisps or a chocolate.

Nope - Stuck in the second mouthful.....for 20 mins on the bus...heaving...nothing coming, felt like i was dying as I was drunk and the room was spinning -It was bad, and has taught me a very big lesson - first time ive been drunk since before pre op diet.

Got home, went to bathroom and finally was properly sick. felt better literally straight after.

So I wonder....is it because before the band it was hard for me anyhows to be sick. and hence if food gets stuck I have that watery stuff come out instead. And because i was drunk, I didnt have the reflexes I usually have that prevent me from being properly sick...

Weird discussion/thought process I know lol

It seems to be just one pound a week that im losing...Im gonna re-check my food diary, cut down on weekend madness, and try harder now!

Poor you, does not sound like a fun time :(

Back