• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can any bander help on this one please

archiesmum

I've been sick quite a lot this last couple of weeks as I am having difficulty keeping food down. I have had a pain - a dull ache - in my back for months - sort of mid to lower back each side. Went to docs before xmas as I thought it was kidney infection but that was clear. It's now really painful. Also have indigestion type pain just under centre cleaveage. I spoke to Shaw Somers about the back pain last time I saw him and he said he didn't think that it was a band issue. I am seeing him on Monday and have a GP appointment this Friday. Any suggestions? I am worried that there could be a problem with the band as I will have to pay for treatment. Sorry to ramble.

From what I have read - the sickness and reflux is a sign of the band being too tight

Hi the pain in your back could be from dehydration, being sick could be the cause. Also I agree with TDM68, if you are chewing but still being sick its possible your band is too tight. Being sick can make things sore though and then its a vicious circle.

See if you can discuss the band issue with your provider but in the meantime it might be wise to stick to liquids to settle your tum.

Hope you get things sorted soon x

i agree all these signs are classic signs that your band is too tight, when was your last fill ? and has these problems just started since then ?

Thanks everyone. Liz the pain in my back (?kidneys) started in Sept/Oct and the one in my chest just this week. My last fill was 1st week of Feb only .5 of a mil. However I do know that I don't drink enough fluid - pre band I would drink at least 2ltrs a day but now I struggle to drink 1/2 to 1 litre a day but I am working on that. I'm sure I'll be fine once I've seen gp and shaw somers.

Back