• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can my pouch shrink???

beckaboo

Hiya all, it's been ages since I've been here but since I had my op in July 2011 all has gone really well!!!

My query is about pouch shrinking.
I had a throat infection 3 weeks & I was totally unable to eat :( my throat is now better & for the last week I've been trying to eat normally but I'm finding that even a couple of mouthfuls are making me feel really sick :( what little interest I had in food before has totally disappeared :( is it possible I've shrunk my pouch???

on a positive note I've lost 9lb in 3 weeks!!! lol

Any advice would be helpful :) x

This is interesting!
I know that if I gain a couple of pounds I do a day or two on liquids! When I go back to normal food I can't eat very much! It's a great way of keeping my weight stable!
I had my bypass two and a half years ago and have been at goal for a year and a half now :)

Cheers Jacquie, it does seem strange but I have heard about that 5 day pouch test diet that can help if you've stretched your pouch! Think I might give the hospital a quick call just to check I'm not doing myself any harm x

I asked about the 5 day pouch test at my hospital (and even lent them the book) they had not heard of it! They were interested but said that a simpler way was to do liquids for a few days! This def works for me!

If you had antibiotics for your infection, these could also be making you feel sick. Even if you've finished taking them. It may also be psychological, due to not being able to eat with your throat infection :)

Hi Paula, I really do hope it is as simple as that! I'm getting fed up of feeling sick every time I eat :( for breakkie this morning I managed half a slice of toast & half a small plain yoghurt... that's all I could manage when I started back on solids post op!!!

I also weighed myself this morning & my actual loss is 12lb!!! a sliver lining I suppose... lol x

Back