• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many grams do people eat per meal

desperate2lose

Hi

I am so worried that I eat too much and as a result my weight is not moving I think. I measured the amount of food I eat per meal ( I eat 3 meals and no snacks). My pouch fits 170g of food at a time. I dont get sick but my limit is about that. It has been only 2 months since my surgery. Can my pouch stretch this much in just 8 weeks?

I can eat more than that if its a sloppy consistency. Most of my meals are at least 150g. I periodically fret about being able to eat too much, and not loosing as a result. But after my talk with my dietician on Tuesday, and after a hefty 5 lbs weight loss this week, I've begun to realise that that kind of thinking is a throw back to my old dieting failures. And that weight loss is not a linear process, it's different for everyone, and comes in fits and starts.

Your weight loss seems quite good for the first few weeks post op to be honest. I'm a big believer in snacks though, they keep our metabolism ticking over. i would suggest recording what you are eating for a few days, so that you can evaluate the balance of your nutrition.

This is what I aim for daily: 1000-1300 kcals, 85g+ protein, <90g Carbs, <50g sugar.

Last edited:
Back