• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can u help me... please....

can u help me please, im having bypass 7th may havent got the diet frm mr kumar yet still waiting but i have put on a bit of weight since i last got weighed and dont want to be turned down for the operation so im starting the milk diet ive been having muller light and low fat yoghtrs and drinking semi skimmed milk..
what can i snack on.... im 2 days in and ive had the shakes terrible today. think its the lack of suger, ive been eating some melon and strawberries when i felt faint, im not diabetic ive been tested for this on numerous occasions ..
any advice would be helpful xx

When I was on the milk diet I drank as much water as I could stand, it helps fill you up. Hot milky coffees went down really well, I had an oxo hot drink every night which I enjoyed too. Hope you feel better, the first few days are really tough! XX

I would advise you contact your provider as all providers give out different diet sheets, some u can eat jelly some u cant, some can have yogurts , some cant - best you ask them hun and then u will know ur not eating /drinking anything you shouldnt xxx

Please stop.

The milk diet is not a weight loss plan, it is purely to shrink the liver. It is not intended to be done for a prolonged period especially without supervision and guidance.

If you want to shed some weight quickly do something like a meal replacement, either slimfast or the biggest loser plan, which is similar to cambridge/lighter life but doesn't have to be done through a 'counsellor'.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

thanks for the advise, the sectary from the heartlands said to start the milk diet asap, she said i wud loose the extra weight on it, shes sending me a diet sheet thro the post but havent recived it yet x

I think this is wrong as Shel said.How long would you be on the milk diet if your op is May!You would be ill.I would say a low fat/carb diet would be better.Ask for a second opinion.

I was with Mr Kumar at Heartlands and was told to do the pre-op diet 7 weeks prior to my surgery.
Can't remember how it went exactly but think it was a pint of milk and 8 low fat yogurts...but there was a choice of 5 diets, not just that one.
You could do slimfast, or 800 cals or a low fat, low carb one.
I'm sure if you ring they will send you the diet sheet.
Good Luck x

7 weeks of milk diet as an option?!?! wwoooo eeeee x

wow 7 weeks on the milk!! 5 was enough for me, but if I needed more time to lose my 5% I could have stayed on it for 9 weeks!!

Back