• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't seem to get the balance right

New Beginnings

Just looking for some advice. I had my bypass on the 14th April. After a few initial hiccups things have finally settled down. The problem is now I can't seem to get the balance right with chunky food. Especially when it comes to hot foods. For some reason I can't seem to feel the restriction until it's too late and then I either feel really uncomfortable or worse still the pain is so bad I think I'm gonna vomit. Yesterday I had 1 weetabix with 200mls of skimmed milk. 1 yoghurt for lunch. Then some chicken broth/stew for supper, with a couple of 200 mls of veggie/fruit juice throughout the day. The 1st two foods went down a treat but the dinner (4/5 teaspoons) played havoc with my stomach. I whizzed up the stew until it was quite smooth with the odd chunk. I just can't work out how milky products are going down. But anything else causes so much trouble still. I'm just so sick to death of runny food. Has anyone else taken longer to go through the runny foods stage to normal foods?

Unfortunately I can't really help as I've not experienced this myself yet but I didn't want to read and run!

From what I've read of other people's experiences it seems that everybody seems to go through the different stages and varying rates and it may just be that it's taking you longer than some to move to the next step?

Hope things sort themselves out for you soon and if not, it might be wise to contact your dietician and see what they think.

H x

Hi Hun I had my bypass the 16th April, I too feel this at times maybe it's the meat?? Some meats don't go down great I carnt tolerate eggs. They make my pouch feel so heavy and make me sick although I'll try again but wen I'm further out also salmon did the same, lamb I'm great with and chicken as long as it's not dry, I have about 1/2 a weetabix for breakfast, soup or crisp bread and cheese spread for lunch and some meat and veg for tea, but like I say egg and salmon have gave me a heavy feeling and made me sick so maybe it's the meat for u xx

Thanks Laura for your reply. I guess I've just got to be more patient with myself. It's so funny how your body just rejects certain types of food. I love fish but it's still a no no for me. I find myself wandering around the local supermarket wondering what I can and can't try. How much weight have you lost since your op?

Hi . . . my team advised me that RNY are better with chicken thighs and lamb during the early stages . . . I had my op a week or so before you and am managing to eat cottage pie, lamb mince curry (or pea) ½ cheese toasty and alike for tea . . . I find breakfast very hard simply as I have no appetite – well not until around 11am then I have a ww berry layered fromage frais. In fact, lack of appetite is a problem for me and if/when I do feel hunger or a craving then the thought of the food is much nicer than the food itself . . . xx

Back