• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Choice

dawn08

Hi everyone

Just wanted to know if once you have been approved funding on the Nhs do you have any say on the preference of the procedure ?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You do yes, but it's always better to go with what your bariatric consultant recommends. If your unsure which procedure may suit you best, read up about them all and ask lots of questions at your appointment. :)

hi dawn, from what I read on here it seems you could state a preference but its also down to things like your eating habits and what you tell them and what the surgeon /team provide then its a case of working out what`s best for you to get the best results
hope that helps i`m sure others will add more.

Mine asked me what I wanted, then he told me what he thought would be the best for me and the reasons why.

It's a discussion you'll have.

Hi Dawn, few more posts by you then you can pm me with that info you found out regards our area lol :)

Hope so Leda lol tbh this whole process so far is hacking me off x

I know how you feel, me too :(
With my letter to see a consultant on 28th (thought this meant surgeon but it's just to do with someone booking options) it explains what happens next but only talks about the dieticians and physios you will see for 12 weeks. Says some will then come back for another meeting with the consultant. Presume that's when some will be referred to surgeon etc. I'm going to ask at what point do they put in for funding and if my further apts will be at dewsbury cos I know they don't do surgery at Ponte. Been worrying that they might not take my current weight loss into consideration but someone says its from the weight on referral x

Yes Leda that's what they told me , I spoke to a nurse and said what if I gain before January or I lose , if I lose will I have to do another 12 weeks and she said yes it goes on referral weight x

I have removed posts containing email addresses in line with site recommendations about staying safe on line.

If you feel the need to share info off the forum please don't use it as a means to do so.

all i can say is do mega research so you have an idea on what you want then when you meet the surgeon let them know i wanted to be bypassed and my surgeon has agreed but he did also state that as all my weight is in my middle area it may not be possible and if it wasnt he would sleeve im happy with that i just dont want to be banded but check out all the pros and cons of the option you do decide on

Had a big discussion with mine re wrap / sleeve / bypass

We decided wrap or sleeve.

I wanted fast recovery time with lowest risks and had proven my head was in the right place. Went for the wrap in the end (private) and thankfully exceeding expected targets in current post surgery timescale.

So far, so good !

Anyone know when they apply for funding? I have sleep apnoea and was referred by addenbrookes to Luton for revision surgery as I qualify according to their criteria. Does that mean now I'm off to my triple a
Pt they have funding? Or does it mean they have to apply for it! Thanks xx

from what i was told at birmingham they no longer apply for funding if you meet the criteria they go ahead and do whats needed then get paid not sure about elsewhere though

from what i was told at birmingham they no longer apply for funding if you meet the criteria they go ahead and do whats needed then get paid not sure about elsewhere though

That's sounds about right as its all been quick n no one has mentioned funding at all as I meet the criteria. It's all such a maze :(

i saw surgeon in october he put me straight on list when i asked about funding thats what he told me but he has since put me on hold as i need some other stuff sorting b4 he will risk it

Back