• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Obstructive sleep apnea???

Amberleigh

Any1 got this that knows if ur more likely to be accepted or refused nhs funding if u have it??

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I haven't got it but I do know if you have it counts as a comorbidity and therefore I assume that it will be a reason to have the surgery rather than against it. I know a couple of people on here either have it or had it before they lost weight so hopefully someone will know more :) x

I have no idea what that means lol. Please excuse me being a bit dim, i have blonde highlights haha. Did u mean more like to get funding?

Thanks shellymarie, i wanna check for my sisinlaw. Her doc wouldnt refer her b4 as apparently shes not big enough. She has a bmi of 49 so ive told her she is. My gp said its 40 and over. She has obstructive sleep apnea so hopefully this will go in her favour when she tries again. Shes a single mum on benefits so will never be able to go private. As im now gonna go private and get the op i dont wanna leave her being the only fat 1. Id love to be able to share this experiance with her :)

A co morbidity is something that relates to your primary disease, so therefore obesity is seen as your primary disease and things like type 2 diabetes is a co morbidity as it's a disease secondary to the obesity but related. As far as I'm aware the more you have the more likely it is you will get funding but I'm not 100% about funding so hopefully someone can clarify for you :) x

I have it and after speaking to my pct who told me that it was not put on my original application that it does indeed count towards you getting the funding as it is one of the comobilities

the comobidity /acceptance criteria are
Type 2 diabetes
sleep apnoea
severe hypertension
dyslipidaemia

Hope this helps

Back