• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Contents of my Hospital Bag

Thank minoots,

Despite having my bag packed for the last 6-7 weeks I've got to wait for a new date! Am seeing surgeon on Thursday lunchtime so hope to have good news when I've seen him!

Have decided not to take mouth spray as I don't like sprays like that.

Your time will soon be here,

Tatiana

Wow that was great thank you i have just confimed my date for 2nd December and used your post to make a list THANKS x

LET.ME.OUT.OF.THIS.BODY said:
Wow that was great thank you i have just confimed my date for 2nd December and used your post to make a list THANKS x

Great news LMOOTB,

I got a new date a couple of weeks ago (December 16th) and so am not too far behind you!

I'm glad my post has helped with your list!

Tatiana

love it! was thinking oh i must do this... now... lol but think we will get christmas out the way... only wear jamas so note to myself ''' must buy a nighty or 2...
thanks xx

Just used this wonderful thread to make my list. I am only planning ahead as my hospital seems to get a few cancellation dates and I have asked to be on the short notice list :)

This thread was brilliant for deciding what to take xxx

Looks like you are well prepared... although i took nightys and didnt use it as they supplied hospital gowns... but tae a dressing gown xx

I have seen people say they didnt use their nighties. I may not weigh myself down with too much stuff.

Just get one, you can pick em up for abt £4 in the sale, if you dont use or need it leave it at hosp :) better to have it and feel comfy than not, its only nightie - not like you encyclopedia brittanica (ooops showing me age) :) :)

So, this is what I've packed in my hospital bag (yes, it might be 4 weeks away but I've already got my bag sorted out!!)

2 x nightdresses
1 x pair pj's
knitted wrap to wear in bed/chair
pair of slippers
toiletries in bag
towels and flannel
toothbrush and paste
book to read
DS and games and charger
small battery fan and spare batteries (rechargable)
tissues
wet wipes
dettol wipes (sorry, after 17 years in the NHS, I just have to!)
loose elasticated skirt to wear for journey home
clean underwear
sports cap bottle of water
bottle of NAS squash
sanitary towels (just in case!)
lip balm
small cushion/pillow for comfort and journey home

I know they have tv's you have to pay for so have put money aside for that as well.

Still to go in is my mobile phone and charger.

Can anyone think of anything else I should pack?

Tatiana
Thanks for the tip been out and got all my bits today ready for the 10th xx

I was only in hospital for two night and the first night I was out of completely and stayed in the gown I was operated in!! I took a nightdress which I changed into the following morning, a few toiletries and my dressing gown but that was it! Sounds like you'd need a suitcase to carry all that :)

My complete list was:

1 x nightdress
Shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush
1 x slippers
1 x dressing gown
1 x clean undies for the journey home

I wore a loose pair of tracky bottoms and top for the journey there so I could wear them on the journey home.

H xx

In the end I was in hospital from friday to tuesday and wore hospital gowns the first couple of nights before going into my own night clothes.

As I went straight from hospital to my sister's house where I still am until next week so any extras have been useful here.

Tatiana

I depart Sun lunchtime, stay in hotel same night (so 1 set of clothes), I then spend Mon in hosp in 'another' set of clothes, Tue = op so 1 x pj's/nighti Wed/Thu in hosp then home Fri so 'another' clean set of clothes :)
Plus, books/dvds/tablet/ds/toiltries/slippers & can only carry hand luggage size mini-case :) eeeekkkkkkkkkkk !!!

NOMOREyoyo said:
Just get one, you can pick em up for abt £4 in the sale, if you dont use or need it leave it at hosp :) better to have it and feel comfy than not, its only nightie - not like you encyclopedia brittanica (ooops showing me age) :) :)

I bought two night dresses and a set of pyjamas off Amazon the other night. And a kimono. So I have them. Was just wondering whether to take them all :)

I bought two night dresses and a set of pyjamas off Amazon the other night. And a kimono. So I have them. Was just wondering whether to take them all :)

I know I saw your post as I was awake as well :) LOL! Yes best to take them incase you have any spillages or leakage & roll them into sausages so they take up less room, my provider has advised take hand luggage only so I just need a thin kimono type wrap & my clothes are sorted - got to get all my bits tho xx

I bought my kimono off Yours clothing an Amazon. Was something like a tenner in the sale. They accidentally sent me a more expensive top instead of one of my night dresses......lol. They came this morning.

I will take it all. I want to get some ladies slippers. I have size 10 feet, so it can be tricky lol

I put the things in my night bag straightaway wrapped on plastic to keep the nice in case it's a bit if a wait lol

Dettol wipes next. Heard some nasty stories about some hospital cleanliness on here. Also worked for one for 5 years.....

I will go to Poundland for most stuff lol

Can anyone tell me the brand name of the dry mouth spray please?

Asked for it in my local Boots and they didnt know wot i was talking about lol

Not sure but did you look near toothpaste? Think that's where I saw it x

Hi Hun,

I found I had really dry chapped lips, because of not being able to drink alot after surgery. So id say deffo bring a lip balm, will recommend burts bees it really helped! Good luck clo x x

Back