• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 1 pre-op diet..options??

Léonie_

Hi all,

so day one of the pre op diet and i have a couple of questions I'm wondering if any of you could help with??

Basically I'm awaiting a call from the dietician to actually run through this with me, so I'm not that impressed with The Hospital Group at the moment, but taken it apon myself to start anyway!

I'm on the slim fast shakes, and am having a muller yoghurt once a day. I'm due for my band on 17th Jan (obligatory happy dance) but I'm wondering if you can still have a low cal healthy meal once a day or if it does need to be 3 shakes a day? Also, am i good to have fruit? probably just satsumas but feel like i need something!

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Léonie

If you are on your shrinking the liver diet then i would follow it to a tee.
The surgeon will know if you have cheated and may not do the op....it has been known for patients to wake up and find that there ops have not been done because of the liver still being to big.

Dont risk it lovey, its hard but just keep going. x

Get in touch with your provider and find out exactly what you can and cant eat. As Sugga says just be very careful because if it is the liver shrinking diet you are doing you must stick to it absolutely. I did seven day milk diet and stuck to it religiously just because I was scared the surgeon otherwise would not go ahead.

Good luck xx

Thanks ladies.

It is the liver shrinking diet yeah. I just struggle at work for lunch I'm running round the shop floor all day,feel like i need more. I'll call them tomorrow anyway and get the official lowdown.

Thanks again x

Back