• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet

somersetlady

Hi everyone, am on day 1 and was wondering if I'm allowed baked beans on the low fat no carb diet? Any tips gratefully accepted, good luck to everyone!

I have a terrible memory. It's less than 6 months since I did the pre-op! Thank heavens for people who do know :-D

Good luck on the pre-op. My biggest tip is find a website with glorious clothes on that you want to be wearing this time next year. If you feel your self control waning, pop on their and have a drool. It'll help get you over the blip xx

baked beans are quite high in carbs. I follow a low carb diet now, and am on 3 days total carb free, beans are out the window....tomatoes can be too due to sugar content.

I am a bypasser but on my pre op I was allowed baked beans, 2 tables spoons. On mine I had to have 2 portions of carbs, 3 portions of proteins, 2 to 3 portions of dairy, 1 portion of fat, no more than 3 portions of fruit and unlimited veg but I used to have 2 ladels of veg. So beans were fine on the one I was doing. Is urs low carb, low fat, low sugar and moderate protein ? or no carb at all ? they are all so different x

@ top kat can I ask don't have much infor on the band and was wondering do u follow low carb through choice or do u follow due to ur food restrictions, or do you find u loose more on low carb ? x

I did the same pre op diet as Danielle. Low carb. Low sugar. Low fat. Small protein and unlimited (non carb) veg. I also followed low carb diet for 1 year post op (I had a bypass) while I was losing weight. Now I am normal weight (BMI 22) I don't really think the same. I eat what I want. I think the bypass makes me choose lighter foods anyway and I still find things made from wheat (bread, pasta etc.) make me feel bloated quickly and so I avoid and choose other carbs. My goal now is to maintain my new weight.

Well done Mathew, hope to be at the same point as you in the future, been on diet a week today and lost 7lb so far!Thanks for all your replies x

Back