• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Debs ramblings about her NHS sleeve...

Flipping Nora. I am no longer on voluntary liver shrinking - it's mandatory now!

18 stone 1lb today. Phew.

Food today??? Poached egg for breakfast on one thin brown bread. Lunch was a ryvita with cottage cheese and a banana. Dinner was baked fresh cod, some aubergine and chick peas. Add some skimmed milk and 3 grapes and that's my lot. 783 calories.

Prior to the Devils own diet I would eat my own body weight in food - often!

Roll on a tool to help as this is not an easy path. But I don't think I want it to be - weirdly - if I fight for this perhaps I will be stronger for the head battle which I know I have not yet faced.

I have to try and get this to work.

Well I've started this shrink your liver diet on Thursday 30th April and today I started at 17st 13. So I've lost 11lbs this week. Weirdly.

It's reassuring I guess.

Well done Debs! Dedication indeed..

Claire :)

I think it's a bit of a mind mess in some ways Claire! You lose 11lbs in a week and wonder if that's something you can sustain without surgery. I know I couldn't but my friends and family are making the point. Argghh.

Friends and family, arghh!

Of course they mean well but we're on this journey because we know full well that we can't sustain or maintain any weight loss at all.

You're doing great and I hope I can do it myself when the time comes.

Claire :)

Well it's Sunday and my op 9 days away.

I had a bad day on liver shrink yesterday. Not in terms of cheating. Just in terms of feeling rough. Bad head, shaky, faint, etc. Had drunk over 5 litres of sugar free squash, lots of tea, and eaten 200gm of baked fish, a boiled egg and 70gm of chicken during the day with veggies which was around 819 calories - which is inline with instructions. Still felt pants!

Also I've not really lost anything since Friday - which is ok as 10lbs in a week is plain daft but it's not been a great weekend if I am honest. Having a lazy morning and hoping to snap out of it!

I guess if I had to summarise I suppose I am emotionally low. I hope it passes :)

Five litres of squash is an awful lot. You can take on too much, what amount does the hospital say? If they say unlimited I would check for an upper limit, could be the cuase of your headache.

I am pre op Weegie and they just tell me to keep increasing liquids if I have a headache or dark pee as I would be dehydrated. I couldn't do that post op I doubt as I would burst the little thing! Lol. Whilst I am happy with the hospital they are so busy the attention is sufficient but minimal if that makes any sense and I suspect it will be the same post op due to the horrendous cuts in service provision which leaves a thin line of care and exhausted health professionals.

I am pre op Weegie and they just tell me to keep increasing liquids if I have a headache or dark pee as I would be dehydrated. I couldn't do that post op I doubt as I would burst the little thing! Lol. Whilst I am happy with the hospital they are so busy the attention is sufficient but minimal if that makes any sense and I suspect it will be the same post op due to the horrendous cuts in service provision which leaves a thin line of care and exhausted health professionals.

Hi Debs
I think 5 litres is an awful lot of fluid to be drinking. Too much can lead to headaches, mental irritability etc. Just a thought but may be worth considering. Hope you feel better soon. I am starting my LRD tomorrow, planning on doing an extra week. Fingers crossed xx

I will cut it back today and see if I feel better as 10 more days of woozy isn't fun!

I am glad I started it early Jackie - weird as it seems - it allowed me the chance to have a run at it!

Good luck for tomorrow and thank you everyone for your sage and caring advice x

I will cut it back today and see if I feel better as 10 more days of woozy isn't fun!

I am glad I started it early Jackie - weird as it seems - it allowed me the chance to have a run at it!

Good luck for tomorrow and thank you everyone for your sage and caring advice x

Good luck Debs, I just know if I don't start it early I will put more weight on and I really don't want to be in that position! xx

I can identify. My hundreds of last moments mean I was up about 6lbs so I had to shift those before hospital would even think I'd dieted.

I do hope that one day food will not be all and end all of my life.

Whether I am eating. Denying myself it. Planning it or whatever. For it to just co exist and not dominate my every moment in whichever guise will be nice.

I feel like a failure really. How can a simple thing like food be so hard to beat.

Onward and upward!!

The symptoms you have suggest carb withdrawal and your body going into ketosis which is what is required to use up the glycogen stores on your liver. Take paracetamol, nap and take it easy for a day or two and then you should start feeling a lot better.

If you are not used to drinking so much fluid you should find your skin looks healthier and without the empty carbs you should have more energy and feel pretty good.

Stick with it you are doing amazingly well and every pound you lose here is an extra one that will come off when you've had the op!!!

I will cut it back today and see if I feel better as 10 more days of woozy isn't fun! I am glad I started it early Jackie - weird as it seems - it allowed me the chance to have a run at it! Good luck for tomorrow and thank you everyone for your sage and caring advice x

Is it really litres and not pints?

Nope sadly it's litres! I could fib and pretend it's pints but it was litres. I have a half litre water bottle and I filled and drank 10 of em! I've always drink lots though. Not this much. But even before I drank about 3 litres a day. I've always drunk to much with food which is something I know has to stop post op. It's my biggest post op concern :)

Well this is my last ever Saturday with a normal stomach. Next Saturday I hope I will have only 25% of my stomach left. Hopefully I will be home and hopefully I will have any pain in control and I will be sipping away!

The first week of the LSD produced great results. 11 pounds of in 7 days.

Then I gain - no idea how - have not exceeded what I was told. Felt quite poorly during that week as I have prior outlined.

I became constipated. So uncomfortable and so hard to resolve. I've worked through a number of products to help and had mixed results. There has been some movement thankfully but I still feel very unresolved in that dept!

I woke today at the same weight as last Saturday. So I remain with an 11lb loss. My operation is on Wednesday. I am understandably scarred and constantly asking myself what on earth am I doing. But I always answer myself without a hesitation. Debbie - you're saving your life

Good luck everyone x

Well this is my last ever Saturday with a normal stomach. Next Saturday I hope I will have only 25% of my stomach left. Hopefully I will be home and hopefully I will have any pain in control and I will be sipping away!

The first week of the LSD produced great results. 11 pounds of in 7 days.

Then I gain - no idea how - have not exceeded what I was told. Felt quite poorly during that week as I have prior outlined.

I became constipated. So uncomfortable and so hard to resolve. I've worked through a number of products to help and had mixed results. There has been some movement thankfully but I still feel very unresolved in that dept!

I woke today at the same weight as last Saturday. So I remain with an 11lb loss. My operation is on Wednesday. I am understandably scarred and constantly asking myself what on earth am I doing. But I always answer myself without a hesitation. Debbie - you're saving your life

Good luck everyone x

Aw Debs, not long now and it will all be over. I think your thoughts are very natural, whoever would say this is the easy way out? You have done amazing on your pre op diet, I have been on mine since Monday and not lost anything :confused:. Good luck and enjoy your next few days. Will be here for you:)
Jackie
xx

Go Debs Go Debs
Let me know if you would like me to visit you next Wednesday evening, visiting is 6 till 7 . Xx

Good luck for Wednesday! Stay strong!

Back