• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dehydration

Raynebubble

Hi as some of you are aware ive been a bit poorly the last few days and im still have no energy... but spoken to the clinic today and ive had a telling off... and that a big part of my problem is not enough fluids.
i have only been able to manage about 250 of water a day and the occasional cup of tea. but she has told me i should e have 1500ml..ie 3 bottles of water that is including tea and squash.... she thinks i am now severley dehydrated.
so just wanted to let people know how important it is to have your fluids!!
ive started drinking my first bottle and am half way through and im gonna make sure i drink the 1500ml at least... and hopefully this will make me better x

I know I am awful at drinking , but I do find carrying a water bottle about with me helps . Hope you manage to up the fluids & feel better soon xx

Well that's a relief that you know what's causing your tiredness. I don't drink anywhere near enough fluids throughout the day. I can drink pretty much normally now, not in sips but not gulping it down. I relief. I will join you on your task of drinking more. I'm sure it will get easier when the weather is warmer.

Kate x

Get some lollies!or make your own.They really help at this stage.Asda do freeze pops mineral water with flavourings 0 calories!Loads for £2.Cup soups get the fluid in too.

oh sweety
so glad you have found out what your tiredness is
we have all been worried about you
thanks for the post it does help us who havent had
surgery to realise how inportant it is to get our fluids in,

you take care i suppose you have one,
but i have heard them sports ones with the sippy topsare easier to use

Get some lollies!or make your own.They really help at this stage.Asda do freeze pops mineral water with flavourings 0 calories!Loads for £2.Cup soups get the fluid in too.

ooo they sound nice i love lolli-ices
or you could make your own with nas squash
in a cup with a lolli-ice stick in the middle
if you dont have one of then a spoon will do. xxx

Hope this is the answer and that you feel better soon. I am a nighmare with the drink too, never manage more than 800mls

thankyou are the cuppa soups to replace a meal or can i have them inbetween? stupid question i know lol x

Thankyou for all your lovely comments... i have drunk more liquid than i have eve been used to..which still doesnt sound enough to some... but ive had one 500ml bottle of water, plus about 100ml out of another bottle, and a mug of tea... so hopefully that is a start... im still feeling rotton until about 6pm when it all shifts and i can do things.. but the nice lady at the hospital has said to ring in the morning and she will make me an appointment for tuesday. And my friends mum has said she will drive me from MK to London so i will hopefully know more on Tuesday xx

I was never much of a drinker (lol) before surgery. Maybe couple of glasses of milk a day but now all I can manage is usually a glass after every meal so about 1l a day. Got my first post op appointment in January so will be interesting to see what they say.

Do any of you use weight watchers scales my ones have a H2o meter and its always telling me im low on water :(

Back