• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Delicate question.

Nuxley

Hello again,
I am getting a little concerned as I haven't had a bowel movement since my surgery 6 days ago. I was just wondering if this is normal for someone on a liquid diet, or do you think I should take some laxatives to cleanse my system?
Thanks as always,
Sandra.

I'm in the same place as you and have been wondering the same thing. I had my op on the 28th April and was thinking of going to the doctors any got any answers please.

Hiya
It took me 10 days and it's all perfectly normal you'll be pleased to hear !! I still now take 2 dulcolax once a week otherwise doubt I'd ever go :)

Iv been twice but im there a while unfortunately x

I battled a week afterwards and used a glycerine suppository as I felt it was all there waiting to come out..
I will take some Movicol in another couple of days time just to make sure I dont get to that situation again.
I have always had a constipation problem and it seems as though it is still like that. Just be aware of how long it is and when you start to feel uncomfortable.
Good luck

Hi, It is perfectly normal. Remember you are putting less into your body now so it will take longer to come out. I am 9 mths post op and can go anything up to 5/6 days without movement!

Good luck on your journey ladies xxx

Would you believe it...I've just been to the loo! No problems so far, I just let nature take it's course, didn't want to rush things by straining and luckily didn't have to.
Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated. x

Glad you've "been" Nuxley altho you will find there are lots of threads on here about constipation and various remedies.

So far I have only needed to use mild, natural senna tablets to aid things along slightly ..... but have Movicol and glycerine suppositories stashed at the back of the bathroom cabinet in case desperate measures are ever needed.

Others swear by stewed prune juice or peppermint tea (I haven't tried either of those yet but have memorised them as possible items to add to the shopping list one day!).

Back