• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

going regularly

Wobbletogo

Likes to read
I'm 2 weeks post op and am a bit worried that I haven't had regular bowel movements since. I spoke to my Dr and he said to just keep taking lactulose to keep things soft and it will be fine, but not a lot is happening :(

Was wondering if others experienced the same whilst on the liquid stage. With the pre-op diet and post op liquid I have been on fluids for 4 weeks now.

I am getting worried that my bowel hasn't woken fully from the anaesthetic yet lol

It's very normal - you're not taking food in, so no waste to come out!
I take 2 Senna every night, plus lactulose about day 3 or 4 of not going.
It's not nice, but normal..

When was the last time you went??

I think 4 weeks is too long personally.

I had op on tuesday 28th august, I'd "been" on the monday 27th and by the friday nothin else. I was in agony! It was there but wouldn't budge. I took lactulose and hot sweet tea. Took some doing but finally went on the friday.

I seem to have settled into every other day now, having a glug of lactulose each day. I used to be regular every morning.

Not sure what you could do? What are you eating, could you get fibre in any way. I'm still on liquids and having maybe 1-2 slimfast, 1 soup and a milky drink each day.

Oh and drink plenty of water.

Hope you "go" soon its not nice x x

i've only just become regular of my own accord in the last month or so , previously i had to take bisacodyl once a week .
i find a small pot of nuts helps , along with the tablespoon of muesli ( with dates in it ) i have on my yoghurt each morning helps

When was the last time you went??

I think 4 weeks is too long personally.

I used to be very regular too, hope it will come back.

I went on Sunday but that was after loads of lactulose and a dulcolax. Then a bit on Wednesday, nothing since and it is starting to get uncomfortable, so I guess senna/dulcolax is going to be a regular as well as the lactulose for a while.

Hi hune what about a glass of prune juice ? Ir can u Have fibregel? Thatay help Also glycerin supositries May help too ? Read somewhere on here Lady uses them and they helped. Good luck hune

Slow to no go for me too

hi

i'm nearly 8 weeks out of surgery and struggle to go to the loo too. i take lactulose daily and after 4 or 5 days it finally shifts. i find the more i drink the easier it is getting tho. also i'm still not on proper solid foods yet so again i'm hoping things will improve as my diet does.

i know in the early stages it soooooo hard to drink enough but the more you drink i promise it does help.

Lactulose maybe very sweet but it has been my saviour

good luck :)

Yes, I'm struggling to go too!! When I was eating healthily, I could go twice a day!! Just doesn't seem right, but what goes in must come out....eventually lol!! I too have to take dulcolax to go, and i'm on mushy food! Hope all gets back to normal soon for us, or is this another change we have to get our heads around!
xx

In the beginning I took dulcoease that kept things moving but now I make sure I have snacks of fruit plums work for me!!

Back