• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does this happen to you, sure it's not right!

Nicoli12

Not been on here for ages, but now I have had enoungh. Had my op about a year and a half ago, although I have lost 5 stone:D, I am struggling, big time. I have trapped wind problems nearly all the time and I have to constantly nibble or drink to keep this down. When I last had my check up the nurse said I should be eating 'normal' meals but obviously not big size portions. But I can't, sometimes I am still sick and cannot eat the 'right' foods. So I will have yoghurt for breakfast, soup for lunch with crackers and when I get home a bag of quavers, sometimes not anything for dinner, and maybe some ice cream in the eve. I KNOW this is not good and some days I can't manage this. The nurse said, I could be all in the mind!! So the last few days have not been good days as being sick. I keep telling myself, I can do this. So this morning I have had 2 cups of tea and made myself some porridge, to mouthfuls, pain again inside and now been sick. Sorry to rant on, I have just put everything down and I am very confussed as what to do. For someone out there the answer maybe obvious, please can you help:cry::sigh:
Thank you

Ive had a bypass and dont really know much about the band... but do know with all wls we need to keep up our fluids... aim for 2 litres a day and have at least 1 litre. I do think you should be eating propely by now.... hopefully a bander will be along soon to help you xx big hugs xx

Are you too tight?

Get help hun as this isn't right! Even try a complete defill to see if it's a prob then have some back in, gradually. Then you'll know x

Thank you for your comments. I went back to the hospital and after a long chat the surgeon said my band was to full. He took 1 ml out and oh boy what a difference it has made, now I can eat, but will have to be careful not to put on weight now. They want me to get used to eating foods and different textures and then they will fill me up a little at a time. They also had to establish if it was my band being too tight or all in my head, at least they say it was my band being tight. So down a new a different path now

i am glad they have listened this time heres to a new you and the new foods you can now eat.n xxxx

Glad its sorted hun x

Back