• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not sure what to do - and so fed up and....

I also remember having a sensation of something tickling in the back of my throat, apparently quite often due to scratching caused by the tube they put down your throat during surgery. I also found my voice was weak and a bit husky for a week or so. it will pass, hot drinks soothed mine.

thats where mine is too right at the back, its hard to scrub my tongue as i have over active gag - not fun but trying anyway, had half a weetabix this morning hopefully it will help at the back.

Thank you all for your help - feeling a little better today.

has anyone tried fish fingers? just a fancy i have hehe xx:8855:

thankyou wendy my prob is more the back of the tongue, throat ie like a hair stuck, sometimes i notice it more than over times... i will wait then and hope it goes when im on soft food stage on the 22nd xx

I had mashed up fish fingers quite early on - had no problem with them and they were yummy! (I cooked mine in a toaster bag in the toaster - worked a treat!!)

I haven't tried fish fingers, but I have had a fishcake, I loved it and had no problems. I am on Purée but just chewed it well in tiny bites! I didn't cook it, i bought it from the chippy!

I Might try one, supposed to be on mushy stuff - but bored with it, tried a bit of a jacket pot and some bolognaise source but couldnt manage it not doing well on the food front x

Don't rush it, you need to give it all time to heal properly. I didn't start trying things like fish fingers or jacket poatoes until 8 weeks after surgery, and even then I only tried one new thing a day, so I'd know exactly what it was if I had a reaction. Until that point I had mince & mash based meals, or those boil in the bag fish in sauce portions with mash. Just remember what you've been through, and what a nightmare it would be if you put that at risk for the sake of a piddly fish finger!! XXX

:8855: you made me laff and you are so right - people seem to be eating stuff already though i feel i am left behind

Don't rush it, you need to give it all time to heal properly. I didn't start trying things like fish fingers or jacket poatoes until 8 weeks after surgery, and even then I only tried one new thing a day, so I'd know exactly what it was if I had a reaction. Until that point I had mince & mash based meals, or those boil in the bag fish in sauce portions with mash. Just remember what you've been through, and what a nightmare it would be if you put that at risk for the sake of a piddly fish finger!! XXX

:8855: you made me laff and you are so right - people seem to be eating stuff already though i feel i am left behind

You sound quite advanced to me - I'll be on liquids only until after Xmas! Although it is boring as hell, when I read other peoples problems with solid food, I think I must be doing the right thing! I never thought that I would crave mashed potato and gravy, though!

I have the same tongue problem. I'm sure it's caused by the amount of milk I'm drinking. I can scrape it off the front of my tongue. but I gag when I try to scrape the back, which is where the worst build-up is.

I hope that things improve for you very soon. It is still early days for us, so take it easy!

Hope u feel better soon hun xx

Back