• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Driving after bypass.

Paula Garner

Don't know if I've put this in the right place, apologies if it isn't.

I'd like to ask how long it took to get back to driving after your bypass operation? I work in the community and need to drive as part of my job. Thanks in advance for any replies :)

You need to be able to do an emergency stop safely. My surgeon said between 3-5 weeks. I was driving just after 3 weeks. However I had no pain at all after surgery, was very fortunate with all my post op recovery. So really every one is different and you'll just have to be guided by how you are at the time :)

I was ready to drive a week after my surgery. It is very individual though.

My info pack says 2 weeks post op. That's what I've planned for as I have a friend doing school runs for me etc.

I drove after 10 days x

Im a Nanny with school age children and I've told them i'll be off for 2 weeks so I can go back to work and do the school runs.

Hi

My team also said two weeks although I did start again after about ten days.

You should check with your insurance though as most don't allow you to,drive for two weeks after any surgery, so if you need to make a claim don't mention your operation or they will refuse to pay you out.

Paul

My info from hospital says 2 weeks post op. you need to feel able to do an emergency stop. Definitely check with your insurers as their policy may differ. X

Back