• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping on Special K??

Andrea73

Has anyone else dumped on special k? I had a bowl for breakfast for the first time and now I have really bad stomach pains, feel windy and sick and my heart is racing. It's funny cos I felt like this after a go-ahead blueberry bar the other day. I seem to be getting more sensitive as time goes on either that or I'm more intune with my body!

Would love to hear if this has happened to anyone else or just to confirm if this is dumping

Cheers x

Special K is high in salt perhaps this is upsetting you,a nutritionist told me dont eat it or cornflakes,bad food!Oats or weetabix are better but protien best!

Sounds like dumping to me, I find if I eat anything fruit based first thing I get it too. I tried a tiny wee bit of fruit and fibre the other day and had the ole heart racing, energy level drop within mins. But I've also heard that to always try things again later on down the line. I think our new pouches need to learn slowly slowly! Good luck

That's weird, I'm nearly 2 years post op but do seem more sensitive to things.

Thanks for your replies tho x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

The second ingredient is sugar, the 4th is high fructose (sugar) corn syrup (more sugar). I used to avoid this like the plague when diabetes was uncontrolled - remember anything ending in 'ose' is usually some form of sugar - low fat is usually high sugar/high salt

oops thats what I get for not reading the labels correctly. Somewhere in my subconscious mind I think I knew that low fat foods are substituted with sugar.

Back