• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping?

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Hi all had surgery Saturday started to feel better yesterday so I was so happy until the evening and my period showed up 2 days early well I always crave sweet things on my period so this morning I decided to have a chocolate slimfast not sure if im having a mild dump Thingy or just so full I feel soooo sick keep getting water in my mouth like I need to b sick my heads spinning and my stomachs aching iv had to come and lie down I feel awful :-(

eeeek im not a bypasser, but sounds like dumping hey, did u drink more than u usually would?...x

How much of the choc slimfast did you have in one go?
I could only drink about a third of one and then I had to leave it for a few hours in the fridge. I even used to water slimfast down with skimmed milk because it was too rich for me.
Hope you feel better soon.
Lynne x

Feeling better noe iv lay down for a bit it only lasted about an hour, I made my own so it was watered down anyway and I managed most of the 200mls I made it took me over an hour to drink I ain't drunk that much since having bypass so maybe that's wat did it?? Iv only manage about a third too but the chocolate one went down no problem was only after I felt ill xx

Glad you feel a bit better. Horrible isnt it. It still happens to me quite often but not after every meal. It will all pass soon.
Lynne xx

If you had stuff coming back up the chances are you drunk it to fast. Early days it used to take most of the morning to drink 1/2 bottle of slimfast. It also takes a while for the new pouch to tell you that you are full and that 1 mouthful can be the difference between being comfortably full and in agony overly full. It is a really step learning curve early on. Take it slowly and just take little gentle sips every now and agian and you will be fine.

A lot of people do dump on slimfast Laura... Just keep sipping and be very careful, as Terri says that one extra mouthful can be the difference between comfortable and agony. Even now sometimes i can overeat (usually it is fish causes me probs) and my god if i was to drink within hours i'd chuck up everywhere...

Good to have you on the losers bench by the way xx

phatmomma said:
A lot of people do dump on slimfast Laura... Just keep sipping and be very careful, as Terri says that one extra mouthful can be the difference between comfortable and agony. Even now sometimes i can overeat (usually it is fish causes me probs) and my god if i was to drink within hours i'd chuck up everywhere...

Good to have you on the losers bench by the way xx

Thanks Hun, I think it was me over eating well drinking cus felt fine all day after that it really knocked me of my feet lol o well I think it's a learning curve isn't it this new stomach malarki I'm not touching chocolate slim fast again though that's for sure lol x

Laura b said:
Hi all had surgery Saturday started to feel better yesterday so I was so happy until the evening and my period showed up 2 days early well I always crave sweet things on my period so this morning I decided to have a chocolate slimfast not sure if im having a mild dump Thingy or just so full I feel soooo sick keep getting water in my mouth like I need to b sick my heads spinning and my stomachs aching iv had to come and lie down I feel awful :-(

I have not had the Op and I have been dumping for years so this will just be like another normal day for me!!! my doc says it can happen to anyone for no apparent reason so at least after the op I will have a reason for it. I sympathise with anyone who had this as it can be quote unpredictable for me ad I can eat the same thing two days in a row and it will happen one day and not the next so go figure.

keep going whatever happens your health and weight loss are the main things

Back