• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eat Eat Eat

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Nearly a month post op bypass now and loving my bypass :). But am I the only one that feels that their day seems to be constantly centred around food? I will be in the middle of something and have to force myself stop whatever i am doing to either grab a snack or sort a meal whither i am hungry or not.. I feel I am constantly stuffing my face! I am not overeating and still taking in around 900cals but I feel I am eating loads and am so scared of blowing things :rolleyes:

In the early weeks it feels like a full time job just to get enough in. For me this lasted for about 2, maybe even 3 months. It soon passes, and after a while, life feels (remarkably) like nothing has really changed.

Thanks Fiona :) it certainly does feels like a full time job at the moment but I suppose its all part of the learning process and the getting to know the new me.

Same as me then. What a chore to be eating so much of the day. Hoping we both get to the point Fiona said soon :D

totally agree with Fiona, this is a phase, enjoy eating feeling like a chore, it doesn't last and then you have to fight the snack demons!

That damn snack demon! Gotta keep mine at bay at the moment, its trying to tempt me A LOT!

I try to stick to fruit or yoghurt mostly for snacks.

I tend to go towards dairy for snacks, like to keep my calcium up. Fruit I include my meals.

I'm following the slimming world plan so it puts some limits on what I have, but I do try to get in my protein.

Yoghurt here mostly too but sometimes a mini baby bell. Actually achieved 69g of protein intake today too but don't know if that's too much too quick. I'm not sure my insides are enjoying the introduction of a lot more dairy though.

Introduced a peach to my diet today too... It was over ripe and soft but lovely :)

Hey Frankie my team said if u don't feel like you are eating or drinking constantly at that stage you aren't doing it right :D I am 10 weeks post op and just eating 3 meals per day as my pouch doesn't enjoy meats I am struggling to up my protein but since am such early days still I am happy with a rounded meal of carbs, proteins and veg of some sort. My pouch is still very comfortable with soft foods and crispy foods. I long for a salmon salad hahaha :D x

:8855:Well I'm most certainly doing it right then!

Danielle I got some chicken tikka bits and chopped them really finely, mixed it with a little mayo and a little mash potato. I tried the chicken dry at first but it got a little bit stuck on the way down and just felt uncomfortable in the pouch. It was much better once I added the mayo. Don't think I will be trying red meat for a good few weeks yet as There were times I would have problems in the the past digesting it so can't see it being any better after. Missing my salads too though

ooowh I might try that actually I can manage tuna mayo and that's sounds yummy and tonight I made a stew and had some marks and spencers tinned steak £4 a tin though but not a bit of fat in it and that has stayed down well. I don't mind spending money on nice things as they last me so long now hahaha :D. I can tolerate bread now but only with soup but I find its meats that make me really uncomfortable and often make me be sick. so I think the key is to make it wet and or extra soft. I am like a rabid dog when I be sick now eeeeh I shouldn't laugh but my god it is comical :D but I guess if u don't try u never know what u can tolerate x

My first meal was tuna and mayo with the inside of a jacket potato .. sheer heaven :). I might give the m&s tinned stewed steak a go too. Never thought about that.
I do so get the rabid dog bit. its all a bit theatrcal isnt it. All retch, froth and nothing else! Not funny at the time but I did laugh to myself afterwards. Not going to try bread until I see the dietician (tomorrow evening).

I don't find eating a chore, but when I'm really busy I forget to eat, which in the past would have never happened. As for snacks, I try to stick with protein snacks like babybell light or fridge raiders, or the odd seafood stick or two... Try to avoid Carby snacks.

Chicken is a really dry meat - I know you've not had the advice hon, but I would not be having something like chicken tikka on softs. The texture will stick as it won't be moist enough. Casseroling meats, red or otherwise worked really well for me on soft stage - I would stick it in the slow cooker for about 8 hours and it would mush with the back of my fork. That should really be your guideline for soft. Also Danielle, have you tried toasting the bread? I know some people find that a lot easier.

Back