• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eat Eat Eat

Thanks yve :) ..i have the dietician tonight for my first weigh in and hopefully I will get some clarity on what I am supposed to be eating whilst on softs. That's after I have words about the fact I never got any of the promised communication from her last week as to what I am supposed to do on the soft phase.... Although she did say to me before the op whilst giving me a verbal overrun about the diet phases that some people struggle with chicken and are absolutely fine with beef or vice versa. The chicken once mushed and moistened was fine for me but I can see it being a problem further down the line if I simply want roast chicken breast for dinner.. can't envisage me mushing it down for the rest of my life :(

Its very early days hon, and what may give you trouble now may not give you any down the line.

Its very early days hon, and what may give you trouble now may not give you any down the line.

Very true Yve. Frances - as you know I 'm about four weeks ahead of you (currently in Week9). It is amazing what I can eat now compared to say three weeks ago. I haven't had my head down the loo for about a week. On Monday I had my very first proper restaurant meal out and was a bit anxious that something might happen to ruin the evening, but I was determined not to 'play safe. I had two Haddock fish cakes with new potatoes and salad, followed by a mini Eton Mess. Ok, we were there four hours and I struggled in my head without a drink but didn't want to push it and fill up my system with a pointless liquid. As I say, all was fine - nothing got stuck and no dumping. It was a special event and no way would I eat those things on a regular basis but I lived to tell the tale ... Which is that 'normality' is just round the corner for you, and as Yve says things change all the time xxx

Very true Yve. Frances - as you know I 'm about four weeks ahead of you (currently in Week9). It is amazing what I can eat now compared to say three weeks ago. I haven't had my head down the loo for about a week. On Monday I had my very first proper restaurant meal out and was a bit anxious that something might happen to ruin the evening, but I was determined not to 'play safe. I had two Haddock fish cakes with new potatoes and salad, followed by a mini Eton Mess. Ok, we were there four hours and I struggled in my head without a drink but didn't want to push it and fill up my system with a pointless liquid. As I say, all was fine - nothing got stuck and no dumping. It was a special event and no way would I eat those things on a regular basis but I lived to tell the tale ... Which is that 'normality' is just round the corner for you, and as Yve says things change all the time xxx

Wow that's enlightening to know thanks Lilac x

Back