• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Emotional eater or not?

hopelesscase

Does anybody struggle to eat when they are emotional. I've never been an emotional eater in fact the opposite when either really excited or sad just cant bring myself to eat. Prior to my bypass it was never an issue as i had my reserves to live on. Had a hell of a weekend and unfortunately had to have my dog put to sleep so really sad about that but equally Dave is home this weekend for the first time in 5 weeks so really excited. Since my bypass if i don't eat regularly my energy levels drop to the point of getting the shakes. I've always managed to at least get soups down when like this but at the moment i'm lucky if i can get a milky coffee down. Not too worried at the moment as i'm at the upper end of what i call my 7lb fluctuation and energy levels ok. But just wondered if there is anyone else out there like this and how do you manage post op.

Really sorry to hear about your dog, I know how very painful this is.

I'm afraid I'm the opposite and have always eaten loads when upset (or happy!) which is part of the reason why I went for a bypass in the first place. Recently I had some bad news and found that I just wanted to eat, and was cravinng all the "wrong" foods. I physically couldn't do this and recognised that it was just my old coping mechanism - if I hadn't had my bypass I would have not stopped eating:(

Hope someone who can help you more than I can comes along soon. I'd say just keep trying - treat it as medicine rather than food!

Really sorry to hear about your dog, I know how very painful this is.

I'm afraid I'm the opposite and have always eaten loads when upset (or happy!) which is part of the reason why I went for a bypass in the first place. Recently I had some bad news and found that I just wanted to eat, and was cravinng all the "wrong" foods. I physically couldn't do this and recognised that it was just my old coping mechanism - if I hadn't had my bypass I would have not stopped eating:(

Hope someone who can help you more than I can comes along soon. I'd say just keep trying - treat it as medicine rather than food!
this is the joy of the bypass :)

Sorry hun! I had bad news yest a friend dropped down dead, I was in a state I felt sick and could not eat!

Sorry hun! I had bad news yest a friend dropped down dead, I was in a state I felt sick and could not eat!
oh god bex i hope you're ok honey :( xxx

so sorry to hear of your loss hun, i am the opposite i eat for comfort and when im worried or upset, had alot of downs in my life hence the waist line lol...hope ya feeling better soon xx

BEXS99 said:

So sorry to hear that xxx My love and best wishes to you and your friends family xxx

I've just come out of a 18 month relationship which has left me devastated at the moment and all i want to do is get drunk!!!!

old habits die hard! We have to learn to not pick ourselves up with food or drink when we are down....says me..queen of it!! I've started going upstairs...further away from the kitchen the better lol. I've got munchies now so I'm catching up on here instead of raiding the fridge...noone ever said it would be easy....but we can do this!! Be strong everyone whatever gets thrown your way xx

So sorry for your loss, I have always comfort eaten and drank alcohol but I've had to stop myself because of the bypass, so it just how good it does work, Karen x

i am sorry you guys having a rough ride. I go for food and anything I can lay my hands on when I am down. Its true old habbits dont go

Jo
xx

pleased to say that back to a normal diet after a week of struggling. Dave had cooked a really nice beef casserole with roast potatoes and veg washed down with some red wine and then apple and blackberry crumble with custard all sugar free and low fat. How good is he. got up this morning and was ravenous but stuck to a day of high protein and low carbs as didnt want to end up binging as i would of as carbs dont fill me!!

Back