• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feelings!

jaynel

Hi i am pretty new to this forum but am very thankful for all the help i have found on here. I am considering booking a band tomorrow with thg for 20th may. I understand many people have doubts , but i was actually feeling joyful about it until i have come to the time when i am going to set the ball in motion. I lost 8st with cambridge (easily) but have put 6 back on. I am feeling ashamed at the moment that i cannot control my food intake, and have had to resort to putting myself through surgery. I also feel upset that i am spendng all this money on MYSELF (and am going to be paying it back for the next few years). I am waiting for my hubby to come home before i make the dreaded phone call and commit myself x

Hello. I have fine the same on lighter life and the Cambridge diet. Must have spent thousands. You are not alone! Try your doctor first to see if you can be referred via the NHS. It's worth a trip and may save you a fortune.
I have just had a bypass.
Good luck x

HA! Doctor!! i have been overweight since very early childhood (am 19st at mo), i went to the dr AGAIN last week to talk about surgery and he said no, i had to have other "issues" to qualify. He told me not to eat chocolate (I am a chocoholic) and as a reward, at the end of the day, if i had not eaten any, i had to get my husband to give me a foot/back massage or facial as a treat!. This was an improvement on his suggestion about 5 yrs ago - to buy a rowing machine, have sky installed and get up at 6 oclock in the morning and do 2 hours rowing!! really should change my doc.

Grrrrr @ crap doctors... would they tell an anorexic to just start eating or a drug addict to stop taking the heroin??? No!!! & that's the problem doctors like that don't recognise that this isn't just about making a choice about eating that chocolate or not its about why we do it & why we use food in the way we do... wls doesn't cure these issues either it just takes away the ability to abuse food & allows us to deal with whatever we're using food to hide behind! If you feel your doc is ignoring the usefulness of wls i'd definitely go back for a 2nd opinion!!! Back to your OP, yup this is a massive decision & I hope you make the best decision for you xxx sending hugs xxx

Don't you just love patronising GPs! :mad: Mine told me to exercise more and eat less. I never realised it was as simple as that! :sigh:

Anyway, there's nothing to be ashamed of and as you can see from this forum you are not alone and lots of people go private these days ;) Did you make the phone call? x x x

be aware that a band will not change your eating habits or choice and you will still have the ability to eat that chocolate even after the band. The band doesnt take away the potential of abusing foods either so if you have struggles with eating habits do address these first or look into surgery options that may suit you.

I love my band, but it's not easy, you can certainly still pack the calories away and the chocolate too - and not doing so is down to personal choices and lots of self control

hi i have BOOKED!!. keep alternating between SOBBING, and being happy that i have done it and there is no going back. Chocolate - when i did cambridge, i didnt have any for 8 months, and i am now also 21 days without chocolate! and guess what - i havent missed it!. I can lose weight fairly easily - but i cannot maintain it, i am hoping the band will keep me on track nicely. Anyway its booked for the 20th may at dolan park (anyone else doing that day), so i have 4 weeks to prepare x

Congrats :) Good Luck :)

Good luck Jayne ... And stop crying now :asskick: x

hi i have BOOKED!!. keep alternating between SOBBING, and being happy that i have done it and there is no going back. Chocolate - when i did cambridge, i didnt have any for 8 months, and i am now also 21 days without chocolate! and guess what - i havent missed it!. I can lose weight fairly easily - but i cannot maintain it, i am hoping the band will keep me on track nicely. Anyway its booked for the 20th may at dolan park (anyone else doing that day), so i have 4 weeks to prepare x

Well done for booking. Sometimes we have to go without to stop that eating. As I say, the band wont keep you on track, its you that will keep on track with the band . . .

Back