• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

final appointment

k4rid4

hiya all, well got my final appointment, where hopefully i am meeting the surgeon today, can anyone tell me what to expect today, im quite nervous..

My final appointment with the surgeon was basically the surgeon saying yes he is happy with the effort I'd made checked if I had any doubts explained the procedure again then said he will put me on the waiting list. Good luck hope all goes well.

ohh they havent actually asked me to lose any weight, thats why im nervous

My appointment with the surgeon went like this

Which procedure do you think would be suitable?
He agreed with my choice :)
Explained mortality, his stats and complications
Then said "are you happy? Have I covered everything?"
When I said yes he said ok lets set a date :) got his diary out and said a week on Monday suit you? You will have to go back on the milk diet immediately :)
Amazing!

Good luck, Karida. Hope it goes your way.

thanks hun fingers crossed!!! wow a week later!!! that is fast angela, i have a vitamin D deficiency so i will have to wait 8 weeks to rectify that. so nervous he says no!

Good Luck hun. My surgeon appt was basically a meet n greet talked about operation ie best suitable and how I felt about it then she looked at my stomach and said she was happy for me to go ahead and that she willorganise the endoscopy. That came through within the week.

Hope all goes well. xx

I think once your in the system its quick but from all the info on here it seems to be getting in the system thats the problem!
Good Luck xx
Just keep focused on the end goal :)

Good luck :) My appointment was just to say I'll put you on the list, this is what we're doing and these are the risks and if I had any questions. To be honest I was just so excited I didn't care about questions!

Good luck to you and let us know how you get on!

well today went great i am now officially on the list. whats an endoscopy????? he just told me all this stuff, never heard it all, was to excited lol.

Its a camera down your throat hun you can choose to be sedated or not depends if you have someone to drive you home. I got sedated and dont remember any of it lol.

Good Luck. xx

I can't answer the question, but wanted to wish you luck for your appointment :)

oh when do u have the endoscopy? no one has mentioned it to me at the hospital???

I had mine a couple of weeks before my op. you might get another appt too to see dietacian and pharmacist. Good luck !

not all hosp do them hun xx

I didn't have to have one :)

:eek:i did blahhhhhh but like i said dont remember any of it lol

My appointment with the surgeon went like this

Which procedure do you think would be suitable?
He agreed with my choice :)
Explained mortality, his stats and complications
Then said "are you happy? Have I covered everything?"
When I said yes he said ok lets set a date :) got his diary out and said a week on Monday suit you? You will have to go back on the milk diet immediately :)
Amazing!
hi. were you at L&D? i am having a bypass there on march 7th and i am trying to find out what happens at pre-op assessment. any ideas?

Hi Feeder

Pre op assessment is basically, height, weight, blood tests and more questions :)

Good luck on your op

PM me if you want to talk more xx

Last edited:
Back