• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

final appointment

they will not give you meds but if they find any problems with blood tests they write to your doctor to advise if you need iron etc :) we almost all are deficiencies in vit d coz we don't go out in sunshine ( if there is any)/ daylight you don't get them on prescription some docs don't give any prescription for vits either xxx after surgery though they do send you home with meds to keep you going till you get prescription x

I got my meds the same day as my preop assessment. O and they test you for MRSA at this appointment.

You get to self inject the night before :) along with a couple of tablets. Then a couple more tablets in the morning.

After your op you are sent home with a load of meds, including 2 weeks worth of daily injections for you to torment yourself with LOL

sorry Angela didn't know they gave you meds on the day xxx like we always find out on here every team do it differently :)

I got my meds the same day as my preop assessment. O and they test you for MRSA at this appointment.

You get to self inject the night before :) along with a couple of tablets. Then a couple more tablets in the morning.

After your op you are sent home with a load of meds, including 2 weeks worth of daily injections for you to torment yourself with LOL
thanks. you are proving to be a wealth of knowledge. expect to hear from me again. lol

they will not give you meds but if they find any problems with blood tests they write to your doctor to advise if you need iron etc :) we almost all are deficiencies in vit d coz we don't go out in sunshine ( if there is any)/ daylight you don't get them on prescription some docs don't give any prescription for vits either xxx after surgery though they do send you home with meds to keep you going till you get prescription x
thankyou so much. i guess its different at each hospital.

It is so strange! Different diets! Different ways! All down to the Surgeon and team I guess :)

O a little tip for you Feeder on the day :) they weigh you again! Get measured for sexing stockings lol more questions! Then you get the wonderful task of walking into the theatre and climbing onto the table for them :)

Actually it made me feel a lot less nervous!

Just ask if you want to know anything else ;) x

It is so strange! Different diets! Different ways! All down to the Surgeon and team I guess :)

O a little tip for you Feeder on the day :) they weigh you again! Get measured for sexing stockings lol more questions! Then you get the wonderful task of walking into the theatre and climbing onto the table for them :)

Actually it made me feel a lot less nervous!

Just ask if you want to know anything else ;) x
thankyou. where will my hubby wait whist i am in surgery. cos i will be going to H D U.?

There is a waiting room but to be honest I sent my other half home :) I didnt want him hanging about for four hours stressing. We only live about 30 minutes if that away from Luton Hospital.

My op was 8:30am, they gave my husband a number to call after 12:00 by then I was in recovery.

There is a canteen/cafe there and a little newsagents, so if your husband wants he can always take a wander round. Do you live far from the hospital?

The time is going to go so quickly for you :) x

There is a waiting room but to be honest I sent my other half home :) I didnt want him hanging about for four hours stressing. We only live about 30 minutes if that away from Luton Hospital.

My op was 8:30am, they gave my husband a number to call after 12:00 by then I was in recovery.

There is a canteen/cafe there and a little newsagents, so if your husband wants he can always take a wander round. Do you live far from the hospital?

The time is going to go so quickly for you :) x
we live in peterborough so it is a 1 and half hour drive. i will probably tell him to go home. after all not a lot he can do. thanks. How are you doing?

I am really doing well. My wounds are healing quickly :)
Today I went out for the first time, went food shopping, there is my husband reading the protein values of everything LOL
You feel how I did, no point in the OH hanging about, all they have to think about is you and it is stressful. You really wont miss him :) his best bet is to go home. My OH came back about 4:30 and I was pretty sleepy so he didnt stay long about an hour and a half. Dont really think I was very sociable tho lol.
What time is your op?
xx

Back