• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally!!

So after 4 cancellations and 8 weeks on the pre-op diet I've finally had my gastric bypass today. Went without a hitch, my surgeon said my liver was big, as I naturally have a big liver apparently but it wasn't fatty because of the pre-op diet so he was able to move it without a hitch. I am more than happy I have finally made it "to the otherside" Big smiles all round

Well done mate and congratulations.
I'll look forward to seeing your progress over time..just take it easy in the early stages.

High mighty, how are you going on, its a new world isn't it? : )

Hi Leda

I'm getting on great thanks. My weight had stalled, but started the gym last week, for the first time ever. Was a scary thing. But I found out I actually love it. I work 4 days a week so going everyday after work as it's just up the road from my work place. On other days I do a mini work out in my living room.

Oh yer I went back to work last week since the op, I'm still discovering what I can and can't eat, weight watchers crackers had me over the toilet heaving. Mainly carbs I'm finding hard to swallow, but I guess we only need minimal of those so no biggy.
Was a it weird at work, they very much have the culture of if you've done well or been complimented by a customer, or if it's cold or to hot they go out and buy you treats. Cookies, sweets, cakes etc... It's one il have to get used to as they pile it up on the desk.
Had a lot of compliments off people, not sure everyone knows about my operation as I only told management and my work team, but gossip spreads like wild fire. It doesn't bother me to much. Finding it hard to accept the complements. I do have one of the other managers come to to me every day telling me how well I am and how proud she is of me, she often stands there staring and smiling. I did one morning say looking good as apposed to.... Which made her freeze. Evil I know but was very awkward that day when a few people where around whilst she was "serenading" me with compliments.

I've had a few NSV, I've kept a log at home so I never forget or take for granted what I've achieved so far, I'm out and about at the moment so can't remember them all,

But now fit into a size 22
Buying clothes in Asda
Fitting into a plane seat without extender belt
First ever visit to gym without feeling paranoid

My friends, family n I have planned a trip to alton towers the back end of May, they all think il fit into the rides but I'm not to sure just yet. That will be a massive milestone if I do, as has been years since I've been anywhere like that since an incident where I was asked to get off a ride.

How you getting on Leda? How you finding it all?

You will fit. I went to a theme park at 5 months out and still a size 24 but i fit on all the rides my daughter dragged me on including one where u lay face down and a big cage thing fits over the top of you

You will fit. I went to a theme park at 5 months out and still a size 24 but i fit on all the rides my daughter dragged me on including one where u lay face down and a big cage thing fits over the top of you

Strangely it was being at a theme park and not being able to use any ride that was pet of my motivation. Admittedly I was there in a supervisory/work capacity but it would have been good to join in.

Hopefully, fingers crossed, my boobs are still huge, I remember before having two people pushing down on one of the rides to get it over my bosoms.

Still got a 3 months to work my ass off at the gym though.

I just may have done something else pretty silly.... I agreed to do a tandem skydive for charity ( cancer research) will be either the back end of August or in September. There is a max weight for a dive which is 15.7 stone... Eeeek. I'm currently in the nineteens, sooooo, that gives me 6 months to lose 4 stone... I've worked out if I lose around 1kg a week (or around 2lbs) then I shld b well within it. With the gym I think possible. If I get to a stall which I'm 100% sure I will, il up the gym sessions, or just up the amount of time. Might even hire a personal trainer if things get desperate haha. I remember weighing 17 stone as a left school... So 15 stone is like a dream. One that I hopefully make a reality in time.

Hopefully, fingers crossed, my boobs are still huge, I remember before having two people pushing down on one of the rides to get it over my bosoms.

Still got a 3 months to work my ass off at the gym though.

I just may have done something else pretty silly.... I agreed to do a tandem skydive for charity ( cancer research) will be either the back end of August or in September. There is a max weight for a dive which is 15.7 stone... Eeeek. I'm currently in the nineteens, sooooo, that gives me 6 months to lose 4 stone... I've worked out if I lose around 1kg a week (or around 2lbs) then I shld b well within it. With the gym I think possible. If I get to a stall which I'm 100% sure I will, il up the gym sessions, or just up the amount of time. Might even hire a personal trainer if things get desperate haha. I remember weighing 17 stone as a left school... So 15 stone is like a dream. One that I hopefully make a reality in time.

Im a g cup, my boobs and for that matter my ass shelf need their own post code lol

I have some size 16 summer dresses i ordered but right now i look like a hooker theres so much cleavage on show lol

Hopefully, fingers crossed, my boobs are still huge, I remember before having two people pushing down on one of the rides to get it over my bosoms. Still got a 3 months to work my ass off at the gym though. I just may have done something else pretty silly.... I agreed to do a tandem skydive for charity ( cancer research) will be either the back end of August or in September. There is a max weight for a dive which is 15.7 stone... Eeeek. I'm currently in the nineteens, sooooo, that gives me 6 months to lose 4 stone... I've worked out if I lose around 1kg a week (or around 2lbs) then I shld b well within it. With the gym I think possible. If I get to a stall which I'm 100% sure I will, il up the gym sessions, or just up the amount of time. Might even hire a personal trainer if things get desperate haha. I remember weighing 17 stone as a left school... So 15 stone is like a dream. One that I hopefully make a reality in time.

You can do it hun, I'm rooting for you.

Going through photos on my phone and decided to do a comparison pic, didn't think ild lost do much weight in my face already, am well chuffed One on right I took this morn :)
Hi mighty just caught up with your thread . Im so proud of you you are doing great! What a difference. Like you i had stalls after losing a massive lost first few wks post op like most. Its starting to drop again now but i wasn't well with some bug. Like you i had and still getting loads of comments its nice but sometimes find it annoying esp when its the same person just staring and making the comments. When you back at hospital for check up?? X

Hi mighty just caught up with your thread . Im so proud of you you are doing great! What a difference. Like you i had stalls after losing a massive lost first few wks post op like most. Its starting to drop again now but i wasn't well with some bug. Like you i had and still getting loads of comments its nice but sometimes find it annoying esp when its the same person just staring and making the comments. When you back at hospital for check up?? X

I had my first check up a couple weeks back, and next one is in may sometime.

Comments are nice :) I feel like everyone knows I've had the op, but just not really talking about it as no one has been bold enough to mention it to me (apart from those that already know)

Today I fit into a size 22 with bits to spare another NSV!! Makes buying clothes a pain. I have a wedding and 2 holidays all within the next 3 months. I normally have a case full of clothes I wear when abroad but now going to have to buy more, wanted to buy abit at a time, but who knows what size I will be in 3 months..

Thanks for all the well wishes, I'm glad your better from you bug too. :)

Little update

One on left was October post pre-op diet, one on right was yday. Had op on. 8th Jan. Getting there slowly. This is first body comparison pic I've done so far. ;) am happy with results.

Attachments

• image-3572563655.jpg
    image-3572563655.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 97
Wow what a difference, you look fantastic.Well done

Lynn x

Wow, your doing fabulously well

Wow, well done Mighty. That is some serious weight loss already, it's amazing. It must be awful in a way as you have so many clothes to choose from, not just those in Evans.

Debbie

Back