• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Post-Op Hospital Appt.

Louanne79

Went for my first post-op hospital appointment this week back at R.H.H with Dr Labib's clinic.
It was exactly 6 weeks to the date of my surgery, and the doctor I saw (Dr Haddon, who was lovely), was really pleased with my progress as I've now already lost 25% of my excess weight.
Sh took her time to thoroughly explain all the changes to my internal workings, including the hormonal changes that stop us from feeling hunger.
She explained that she would expect me to lose at least 70% of my excess weight easily and within the first 12 months, but that I may possibly have to work at the final 30%.
What did really surprise me, was that I'd previously been told in clinic that there was no option to have funding for plastics after WLS any more, however, Dr Haddon assured me that this was an option, albeit only for abdo plastics (no bingo wings or thigh lifts :() providing that I reach a BMI of <27, can maintain this for 12 months, and that there is a valid medical reason - and of course that I need it!
I did ask if there was anything I could do to avoid loose skin, but she basically said it's all down to genetics, and that although exercise could improve muscle tone and definition, no amount of lotions, potions or praying would make any difference to the actual skin condition!!
She explained that due to my age, she would be more than happy to support an application for plastics should it be required, and although she couldn't refer me directly, once I reach and maintain a BMI of 27 or less for 6 months, she would willingly write to my GP and recommend a referral. She said she would write at 6 months as once all the admin was done, I would probably then be at the 12 month threshold.
She reviewed my meds (I'm currently only taking Lansoprazole 15mg), and added Adcal to be taken twice a day.
She recommended I start to take Centrium multivitamins daily, and said she'll review my bloods at my 3 month check re. B12 and Vitamin D etc.
All in all I was really pleased with my first 'check in', and can only hope things go as well next time.
:)

What a positive post. Glad it went well x x

Thanks ladies xXx

Went for my first post-op hospital appointment this week back at R.H.H with Dr Labib's clinic.
It was exactly 6 weeks to the date of my surgery, and the doctor I saw (Dr Haddon, who was lovely), was really pleased with my progress as I've now already lost 25% of my excess weight.
Sh took her time to thoroughly explain all the changes to my internal workings, including the hormonal changes that stop us from feeling hunger.
She explained that she would expect me to lose at least 70% of my excess weight easily and within the first 12 months, but that I may possibly have to work at the final 30%.
What did really surprise me, was that I'd previously been told in clinic that there was no option to have funding for plastics after WLS any more, however, Dr Haddon assured me that this was an option, albeit only for abdo plastics (no bingo wings or thigh lifts :() providing that I reach a BMI of <27, can maintain this for 12 months, and that there is a valid medical reason - and of course that I need it!
I did ask if there was anything I could do to avoid loose skin, but she basically said it's all down to genetics, and that although exercise could improve muscle tone and definition, no amount of lotions, potions or praying would make any difference to the actual skin condition!!
She explained that due to my age, she would be more than happy to support an application for plastics should it be required, and although she couldn't refer me directly, once I reach and maintain a BMI of 27 or less for 6 months, she would willingly write to my GP and recommend a referral. She said she would write at 6 months as once all the admin was done, I would probably then be at the 12 month threshold.
She reviewed my meds (I'm currently only taking Lansoprazole 15mg), and added Adcal to be taken twice a day.
She recommended I start to take Centrium multivitamins daily, and said she'll review my bloods at my 3 month check re. B12 and Vitamin D etc.
All in all I was really pleased with my first 'check in', and can only hope things go as well next time.
:)

Isn't it a shame that WM don't take as much interest :rolleyes:

lamornamiss said:
Isn't it a shame that WM don't take as much interest :rolleyes:

I think I'm lucky to have avoided any experience with WM! :D

Great news let's hope talk and deeds agree once you get there. So
Many changes in the NHS best laid plans now may disappear by the time you reach even her goals. Although I do so hope that the promise happens.

What a lovely positive post Louanne... Good on ya girl xx

What a positive appointment, you must have danced out of there;) Good luck, hope it all continues to go well for you. I'm dreading the bingo wings as I already have them so imagine my skin hanging in pleats lol. Oh well, at least I'll be slimmer and healthier by then:)

Back