• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Forcecal - when do you take it?

topsy

Recently have had forceval from GP - as they are large gelcaps when in the day do you take them?

Took one at 7am and didn't have my weetabix until 9.45am but it felt that i didn't have alot of room in my pouch - so i wandered how long they normally dissolve? (I will be 5wks post-op this Sunday)

I take mine when I get up with my calsium tab and fast tab washed down with tea and benifiber then Im full lol

I take them with my morning tea or coffee and then wait about an 1/2 hour to eat proper breakfast. I have been taking them since 2 weeks post-op but they never made me feel full, sorry that I am not more help!

Nic:p

Do you all have chewable forceval tabs? Got some from the doc but they really hard gel tabs, says swallow whole?? Tried biting them but OH MY GOD were vile and then was sick for the 1st time since op! Would I be ok to swallow them whole now at 4wks post op? Also take my other meds in the morn in liquid form which are awful, really want to go back to tabs, is it too soon? Many thanks

hello Z, everyones after care is diffrent i was put on tablets the day after my bypass,i can not see why you can not take them normaly. if your worried give you hosbital a ring. x x x x x x sarah x x

Topsy have them in the morning with you tea and then have you breakfast a little later as walsall suggest 5-6 small meals a day you might find its the drink rather than the tablet that fills you up. it does get easier - th other morning I took 2 paracetamol, my forceval and thyroxine altogether no problems (this was mainly because I forgot )but they never got stuck or caused me pain lol

Back