• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gas Gas Gas!!!

robyn_s

Hi All,
I had my op last saturday and I am still feeling really bloated and gassy - I can burp ok but they seem to take a few hours to formulate and rise up and when they do they are quite long rumbley burps. I feel quite tight behind my brest bone / cleavage area and find the depth of my breaths quite restricted (swelling maybe) and with being asthmatic I find it a little hard going. Is this all normal and am I fretting for no real reason or am I doing something wrong???

Thanks
Robyn xx :confused:

Last edited:
I am 12 weeks post bypass and still get 'gassy' now!! Have you tried peppermint tea or cordial? I found that very good xx

I always get like that. I've found that if its really really tight I can't burp at all and I get really bloated then it'll relax a bit and then I have a HUGE long burp and it relieves that feeling in your chest. Its wierd isn't it but in a strange sort of way I get a satisfaction from doing that looooong burp!!!

Keep trying to take at least ten deep breaths per hour to reduce your chances of developing a chest Infection (quite common after general) xx

I had the same and also asthmatic but it ease of I promise you. The swelling ll go down has you start healing. So don't panic xxx

I found walking and gripe water helped me a lot with trapped wind. Wishing u all the best - Julie xx

Thanks everyone, it seems to be shifting now, movement definitely helps as does the peppermint tea. Now all I need is to be able to sleep on my side comfortabley each day step by step :)

all normal hun... at first the gas can be a bit painful but after a while its just windy gas...omg at night im always windy lol... good job im single hehe x

Back