• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Done On The 7th November

Klassy-Kaz

Hi Guys,

That's me back had my bypass on the 7th November, been very sore where the main port was inserted, and still painful when I lift anything heavy or bend, But apart from that I am fighting fit.:)

I was wondering if anyone can help me with ideas for my food diary as I'm finding it difficult to eat at the moment, I want so much but just cant stomach any of it lol

I'm aware its still early days and I can manage soup, mash veg, but I'm desperate to try something different, any Ideas would be highly appreciated.:p

Hi Nicola,

Are you keeping the pureed food down, I'm not a lover of Puréed food but I am trying. I hope you are doing well, are you only just a week bypassed.

hi klassy first there wont be a port if you had a bypass so would get that checked as for foods maybe shepherds/cottage pie pasta bakes cauliflower cheese etc they puree down well i have done mine ready and dont even have a date yet and goodluck with the rest of your journey

Hi Adele

I have tried cauliflower cheese, gonna have cottage pie tomorrow, so hopefully manage that. My Nurse said that I had 6 cuts for the trocar's to be put in, The one that had the camera in has caused some severe soreness around the muscle

i also pureed foods i had cooked in my slow cooker like casseroles all potted and frozen in advance as in slow cooker so tender anyways just mashed or pureed was so easy hope the wounds feel better soon just try to keep them clean and not over do things is all i can suggest unless they get really bad then maybe get them checked

Everything (within reason) the family are having I'm keeping a little portion for me in the freezer to sort me out for the next few months x

Back