• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain-any ideas folks?

Miss Tickle

Ever since my bypass, nearly 6 months ago, I've had frequent tenderness under my ribs on the left hand side. I get discomfort there if I eat something that disagrees with me, or sometimes just when I eat! It's always tender to the touch, tender to lie on and I'm always sort of 'aware' of it , if you know what I mean! For the last few hours this tenderness has turned into a nasty, niggling pain and now I'm back from my walk it hurts a lot !! Any ideas what it could be?
Also, I am still tender either side of my scar and when I stand after sitting it's very painful and I have to support myself to stand.
My hospital said I could start to do abdominal exercises at 6 months but there's no way I'd feel like it at the moment. Has anyone else had this?:(

Aw, sorry you are in pain, chick ... afraid I can't help but know someone will be along who can. Good luck xxx :wave_cry::wave_cry:

Hun it could be possible you have a hernia, as you have had the pain for such a long time i think you should take a visit to your doctor to check it out xxx

Hun it could be possible you have a hernia, as you have had the pain for such a long time i think you should take a visit to your doctor to check it out xxx

I was going to say hernia as well.
My "Ernie" doesn't like it when I eat certain foods and sticks out after

i have a stomach hernia, but it doesnt cause me any pain... pre-op though if i would eat a big dinner... it would stick out big time lol... i hardly aware of it now xx

sorry to hear u r in pain

Thanks folks. My hubby has a hernia and I can see it stick out. this doesn't stick out but feels more swollen. Doesn't look swollen to the eye. I should be due for my six month appointment about now but haven't had the appointment letter yet. I thought I'd wait for that but maybe I should go to the GP.

Go to your GP hun, and let us know how you get on... not all hernias stick out... mine doesnt since i have lost 5 stone... but occasionally it does. There are a few different types of hernia.. but although we can all say on here what we think it is, we are not doctors so please see your GP xx

Back