• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got a date for my bypass but could do with some advice.

bigfatbloke71

I had a gastric band fitted around 6 years ago and lost a chunk of weigh. It has been empty for the last 4 years and I have managed to keep my weight stable since then. I have though, had a few problems with the band over the last 3 years. Every so often it feels like the band goes tight and causes me to vomit whenever I eat. Went back to see Mr Small last year and he recommended the bypass, which I am going for. Going in on the 28th to have it done.

As it is a long while since my initial dealings regarding surgery and my original surgery being the band, I have had no real information regarding the bypass.

So, basically what I need to know is, what do I need to know? What vitamins I will need and when should I start talking them? I am sure there will be loads of stuff I haven't thought of yet, but will ask when I do.

I am 9 weeks out on a bypass. You wont need to start taking vitamins until after the op. I am scheduled for my dieticians appointment in Feb and that's when I will get the prescription for vitamin supplements..

All you need to do is stick to the pre-op, take plenty of time off after to recover (I took two weeks but then I have a desk job).. and watch the weight fall off. Good luck soon to be slimfitbloke71. :) Please let me know how you got on.

ahh well then the bypass is for you. I was advised to have a bypass because it can help reverse type II diabetes. Two weeks after my op my blood sugars were very low so I stopped taking the metformin, and haven't had to take it since. Last week I had a test to confirm that I have officially reversed the diabetes. My blood sugars pre-op were around 11/12 at the end of the day.. they are now 4/5 at the end of the day. I have also stopped taking blood pressure meds... so I will be swapping toxic prescription meds for multivitamins. :)

i started taking vitamins as soon as i could so that they are in your system ready for the change i was on forceval tablets but have had to move to ketovite due to suppliers problem im 18 months since bypass i lost seven stone before surgery and have lost another seven since surgery

Back