• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gutted!

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
Last night my sister came to my house and we ordered a chinese takeaway with all the trimmings (duck, seaweed, ribs, crackers) you name it!
I laid the table really nice and poured a glass of wine. We sat down to eat and i made myself a duck pancake.
Got stuck!
Tried some chicken.
Got Stuck!
Tried some chilli beef
Got stuck!
Tried some lemon chicken
Got Stuck so gave up!

I was gutted as you can imagine!

However, about 4 hours later i tried to eat some of the leftovers and that went down much better!

Looks like my band wont let me eat during the day unless its slider food, but will let me during the early hours.

Still not 100% sure if im too tight? what do you think?

i know your pain we had a chinese for my mums birthday from my fave chinese belly pork chicken satay shredded chilli beef the works managed a couple of prawn crackers threw the rest up kept getting stuck the smell was devine if you could put on weight by smell i would of put on 6 stone!! im sure the band knows when a occasion is and is mean to you and stops you from eating still no pain no game!! xxxx

aww sod it, bet its more fun to fit into sexy clothes and have a good laugh with ur sis then just eat ....soent so long doing that myself ...times a chaging!

When I used to have a band (awaiting sleeve op) when it came to Chinese I could eat noodles and soft food which didn't get stuck .

Last night my sister came to my house and we ordered a chinese takeaway with all the trimmings (duck, seaweed, ribs, crackers) you name it!
I laid the table really nice and poured a glass of wine. We sat down to eat and i made myself a duck pancake.
Got stuck!
Tried some chicken.
Got Stuck!
Tried some chilli beef
Got stuck!
Tried some lemon chicken
Got Stuck so gave up!

I was gutted as you can imagine!

However, about 4 hours later i tried to eat some of the leftovers and that went down much better!

Looks like my band wont let me eat during the day unless its slider food, but will let me during the early hours.

Still not 100% sure if im too tight? what do you think?

Hiya Tam, Don't mean to come across condescending or anything Hun but so early out from op you should really be aware of what your eating and make better food choices Hun. MeJulie xx

hi Tam
we were banded at about the same time, and seem to be loosing at the same rate. I had my first fill may 26th 2mls in, then he tried another 2ml and i felt as if i was choking, and pain was horrific. Anyway he took abit out and i was fine. I must have some restriction as i sometimes get iron fist, but no pb - get it when i've not chewed properly or too quickly but other than that am fine. Can eat most things in small amounts. Maybe your band is too tight - my provider said nobody should be pb'ing regularly and if they do something is not quite right. We are all different so i guess only you can decide.
Can i just say to the writer of previous post sent to you - i would have found your reply condesending just refering to people as 'hun'unless you really know someone well is insulting!!
Hope you get it sorted Tam have a good week
sophie2

Can i just say to the writer of previous post sent to you - i would have found your reply condesending just refering to people as 'hun'unless you really know someone well is insulting!!

Your entitled to your opinion , ppl that know me know the terminology I use on this site and if they have a problem with me using it I trust that they would pm and voice their opinion, please do not assume I am insulting someone because I use the terminology "hun" - MeJulie xx

Dear me!

To Big & bouncy and blue diamond, im 10 weeks post op so can have solids, not sure where the 1 month has come from.

I know chinese is not the best food choice in the world, but im not depriving myself this time as ive said many times before. Slow and steady is my motto and 2 stone in 10 weeks shows im doing something correct.

Ive kept everything down today so far, but planning on a prawn salad for dinner. I do think my band is playing silly ******* with me, but in defense to it, i normally work night shift so its probably got confused or something.

I know my provider is in liverpool this thursday, so unless it starts to behave itself, ill be taking some out this week.

Soft food next time ill order noodles) at present.

Cheers all
xx

I had some home made chow mein type meal for tea last night and it all went down ok even though I only had a tiny portion and it filled me up nicely. I had some chicken in it and chewed it very well and it was fine. It also had onion, mushroom , beansprouts and egg noodles so perhaps the foods you had were a bit too textured so you could try mixing it with a touch of noodles next time.

Hi Tam

I think its a case of old habbits die hard, maybe (?) you were trying to eat just a little bit too quickly or you didnt quite chew enough. Sometimes I find eating with people a bit hit and miss and a bit stressy in general ! :sigh: being faced with lots of food can do this too.

My band is tight and I struggle with the cooked onions and peppers that you get in a chinese meal, we had a takeaway on Saturday and I had a king prawn dish but mostly ate the prawns.

Just go steady but if you are worried get back in touch with your team x

I had some home made chow mein type meal for tea last night and it all went down ok even though I only had a tiny portion and it filled me up nicely. I had some chicken in it and chewed it very well and it was fine. It also had onion, mushroom , beansprouts and egg noodles so perhaps the foods you had were a bit too textured so you could try mixing it with a touch of noodles next time.

Hi Chopster

I get what you are saying here and your meal sounds lovely but mixing noodles to get food through is kind of defeating the object. Textured food is the best food for us banders, noodles, pasta, rice and bread can swell in the pouch if it is quite tight which is not good - ouch!

Its all a bit of a learning curve isnt it x

hi , i'm quite new to this and have been advised by the dietician no meat unless its minced for 3 months.

Well its been a right old learning curve, only tonight do i think i may have cracked it!

I had chicken breast for my dinner in work and the first few were not going down well, so i stopped and waited about 5 minutes, then took a teeny weeny piece, chewed it really well and it went down fine. Only by then i had been messing around for 20 minutes and had to get back to work!
So today, im going to try salad again, but this time take tiny bites and chew really well.

Mazza, i think you were right with 'old habit die hard' i was eating too much - too fast.

Lets hope this works as im getting fed up of crackers now:)

Thanks for all your advice guys!

i can have small potions of chicken chow mein which seems to go down ok. i dont think noodles swell like pasta and bread tho.

Maura - Im trying to help here but at the end of the day we are all grown ups and can eat what we want.

Im a firm believer in Tams philosophy too that having something nice now and again does you good.

I dont know if your chow mein was a takeaway (very high in fat) or homemade. The point I was making about noodles was that they will slide through when restriction isnt very good and thats not a good thing. When restriction is very good they could get stuck - even worse!

Its much easier to start making good choices early on rather than eating things because you still can.

Maz x

Back