• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had to ring the Dietician (maybe TMI here)

BeaBea

Has anyone experienced this a week post op? From well pre op until yesterday had not had bowels open. Today have had diarrhoea on and off all day with tummy ache.

Eventually rang the dietician as at a loss to know what to do. I have followed the programme to the letter. She was lovely and thought it might be that I am gulping (and could be true as things going down so easily). Also might be the slimfast or build up. We are told we can have a small amound of fruit juice, no bits concentrate and I water this down as well.

Suggested I stick to savory soups fortified for now and sip, sip and sip and miss out build up, slimfast and fruit juice. Leave it for a couple of days and see what happens.

Any suggestions please ... apart from that I felt a lot better today.

Beth are you dehydrated? Constipation can be caused by this. Make sure you drink loads of fluids.
Yes I did have this at first. Also I found I was lactose intolerant and had to use lactose free milk.
Hope this is of some help pet.
Grace xxx

I know some people can become lactose intollerant after surgery so thats a posibility but I was the same soon post op and after a few days of cutting the milk down I was fine. Maybe its just a bit too much for tum straight after surgery. If you are no better in a few days I would ring your team back though :D XX

Firstly what does TMI stand for:rolleyes:

Never heard of having slimfast it has quite a bit of sugar in it. I have had very loose bowels since the op and it geta very bad if I eat dumping foods like sugar of fat.

Hope you feel better soon hun. xxxx

Thinking of you constantly Beth & willing you on your journey... it sounds like you are bearing up really well Angel... so much good advice, love and support here for you....

Keep in touch and hoping you are warm & comfortable.

Loving hugs as always Beth xxx

You can get lactose free milk and yoghurts etc but I would wait as it might just be the slimfast. If you are still the same in a few days speak to your team about it :D XX

Back