• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair Loss and Vitamins

Hi.

I'm 3 months post op and my hair is starting to fall out .... This was an expected side effect but I must admit I'm in a bit of a panic about it ...

Yesterday I bought some hair, skin and nail tablets ... But just thought - am I ok taking these as well as my A-Z vitamins? Or will I be overdosing on the daily recommend amounts of certain things?

I have no answer for you but I'm same I have starting to loose my hair. And I'm 3 months out as well. I got a fright yesterday when after brushing my hair once this amount fell out and if u run my fingers tru my hair it keeps coming. I'm afraid to blowdry it in case more falls out.

image-2920240297.jpg

I have no answer for you but I'm same I have starting to loose my hair. And I'm 3 months out as well. I got a fright yesterday when after brushing my hair once this amount fell out and if u run my fingers tru my hair it keeps coming. I'm afraid to blowdry it in case more falls out.

Yeah mine is pretty much the same as your picture. I'm fortunate enough to have pretty thick hair to start with but I'm worried about if /when it'll stop.

How's your weight loss going Polly2107? I have only lost 3lb in the last month ... Feel like I'm doing something very wrong! X

Yeah mine is pretty much the same as your picture. I'm fortunate enough to have pretty thick hair to start with but I'm worried about if /when it'll stop. How's your weight loss going Polly2107? I have only lost 3lb in the last month ... Feel like I'm doing something very wrong! X

I'm prob different to you for the first 9 weeks I had complications and was nil by mouth but on tpn and that had 1911kcal (lol to be exact) a day so I didn't start loosing weight till December even tho I had op in oct in down almost 5 and half stone now and still loosing a lb every second or third day. In sure that will stop soon. Here is a breakdown of my loss.

image-3993623058.jpg

I think I will get them hair and nail vitimans in sure you can't OD on vitimans ??? I have a gp appointment in morn I'll ask her then.

I'm prob different to you for the first 9 weeks I had complications and was nil by mouth but on tpn and that had 1911kcal (lol to be exact) a day so I didn't start loosing weight till December even tho I had op in oct in down almost 5 and half stone now and still loosing a lb every second or third day. In sure that will stop soon. Here is a breakdown of my loss.

Wow, that's a brilliant loss ... Well done ? x

I was over 23 stone tho. And have been very sick not able to eat much some days I'm prob only up 3 or 4 hours. So it has not been easy

How much have you lost and what was ur start weight.

I was about 17.7 the day of my op and now I'm 14. So I have lost 3.5 stone ... Which is great ... It's just frustrating when the weight loss stalls for so long x

Back