• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello All!!!

wes001

Good Morning Everyone,

Been looking at this forum for some time and finally plucked up the courage to come and say hello!

I have just found out that my case is being disused on Wednesday (Tomorrow), does anyone know what will happen after that, like assuming everything going well how long will it be until surgery?

Any info will be a great help.

Oh sorry forgot to add I will be going to Homerton Hospital.

Many Thanks

Wes

Hiii!

This situation sounds like mine kind of, if all goes well you should receive a phone call from pinkie (she sorts all the dates) notifying you that you have been successful and either she'll have a date for you or she'll say she will call you back the next week with a date (don't be surprised if that date is as soon as 5 weeks time -as mine was- lol)

Thanks for the reply, i don't think I can have time off work until September, will this cause any issues?

I have just seen you had your one done on 02/06, Congrats, how are you finding it and what was the Hospital like?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, i don't think I can have time off work until September, will this cause any issues? I have just seen you had your one done on 02/06, Congrats, how are you finding it and what was the Hospital like?

She will call you with a date (assuming you want it soon as possible) if you can't do that date then she will look for something more appropriate for you so not a problem at all :)

Thank you. I'm finding it pretty easy though saying that i had my first bad experience with drinking a shake too quickly (yeeeeah won't be doing that again lol)

The hospital is ok, my waiting time sucked (told me to come in at 7am was left waiting until 4pm to go to theatre) but after it was done the care was pretty good, quite attentive in terms of what I needed to be comfortable (don't hold me to that though cause a friend of mine had her op at homerton and she said the night staff she had when she was there were lazy so it depends who's on when you're in) I was only there for a night (thankfully) because of no complications, walking around, going to the toilet, swallowing etc.

Hello wes001
pinkie is lovely she gave me the best news ever when I got my date, I was on jury service on a very emtional and difficult case , on a lunch break when I got my call !
Homerton was ok most of the nurses were great only very busy would start to do something for me then get called away and forget to come back but it didnt happen that often I was the first patient up for my op went to the operation theatre at 8.45am and back on the ward around 12.30ish
good luck with everything

Welcome to the forum Wes :)

Hello Wes, good luck and best wishes from me for the rest of your journey! :)
Ali x

Welcome Wes

This forum is fab, I've found the diaries really inspiring and when I've searched the forums for others at Homerton, it really eases your mind knowing what to expect!!

I'm just awaiting a date, so fingers x'd we will be joining the losers bench at similar times!!

Are you going to any of the meet ups at Homerton? I'm hoping to go to july's one!!

Morning all!

Sorry not been on in a while, I've had a lot on with work etc.

I've a few issues with Homerton but think it's all sorted now, first the surgeon did not attend the meeting, then I spoke to Pinky who mentioned something about this being my second op when it's not it's my first, she had go find my notes and sort it all out again, then I was asked if I have had a sleep study which I have in March and I personally emailed them over 3 weeks ago.

It's all sorted now and I should be spoke about tomorrow (Fingers Crossed)

Pinky has been great through all this and is a real help, if anyone is having their op at Homerton and wants an update contact her, she is really helpful.

Wes , it sounds like you got everything on the right path now I wish you nothing but the best on your journey .

Thinking off you and hope it all goes well.

Take care x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Welcome to the forum Wes, best of luck an keep us updated of how it's going.

Back